Forgot about family referral when setting up new service - DIRT?

TimA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Midwest
So I screwed up and forgot to mention a referral from a family member when setting up new Dish service. I know now that there's a formal process for this and that it should have been followed before the account went active, which was two whole days ago. I'm trying to get this handled after the fact and am running into a brick wall. Anyone have any related experience? The CSR I chatted with sent me to another team where it basically went like: "No. There's nothing I can do. I said no. Goodbye." I know I made a mistake here but was hoping for a little more flexibility from Dish on handling this for a new customer. The account setup process was far longer and more grueling than I'd anticipated (credit check, bombardment of options, etc.), so I simply forgot, which now feels like a real bummer given the two $50 credits, free PPV coupons, etc. that we're missing out on.

I'm probably just bellyaching but if anyone's got any thoughts or a DIRT representative has any pull here, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks as usual to the DIRT team for their responsiveness. Ultimately I should've done my homework beforehand on understanding the process, as any deviation from that just doesn't leave much in the way of options. Real bummer to miss out on the benefits, but rules are rules. I'll just have to take my lumps on this one.

That was a good call. I opened a new chat with them, got transferred to a supervisor, and was able to get $30 ($5/6mo.) of the $50 credit. Unfortunately got nothing for my family member. But, it is better than nothing and prevents the headache of canceling and reordering service. Thanks for the thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)