Forgot the basics on polarity

Duke Pittsburgh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Guys,
I'm at camp trying to get the 2 Grand Junction stations on G17. (Ku) I got 8 channels of CGTN on the horizontal side with great signal, but a blind scan gave me nothing vertical. TP I'm looking for is 12128 V 8750, but I am having a brain fart and totally overthinking this....forgot the basics... if I have signal on H but nothing V (and there should be, from what I can tell), do I need to make an elevation adjustment or a swing? Or, if I have channels I'm already locked on the bird and there isn't a vertical TP.... Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Duke

Guys,
I'm at camp trying to get the 2 Grand Junction stations on G17. (Ku) I got 8 channels of CGTN on the horizontal side with great signal, but a blind scan gave me nothing vertical. TP I'm looking for is 12128 V 8750, but I am having a brain fart and totally overthinking this....forgot the basics... if I have signal on H but nothing V (and there should be, from what I can tell), do I need to make an elevation adjustment or a swing? Or, if I have channels I'm already locked on the bird and there isn't a vertical TP.... Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Duke
Those Grand Junction channels are gone since Monday at least.

OMG...puke. Your exactly right. I'm embarrassed.
Asmuth and elevation are so close, but 4° off on the skew, suprised it even showed me signal?
Oh well, thos is what makes it a fun hobby. Thanks again!

Reactions: Keith Brannen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts