Forgotten Password for Parental Lock

slccc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Lubbock, Texas
I have a DSR 505 HD Starchoice receiver and several months back I set a password to filter content. Well guess what I have forgotten my password to disable the parental control lock. Does anyone know how you can clear the password or the steps for password recovery and reset it (this time I will write down the number)? Thanks.

Last edited:
You could call StarChoice if you go through them directly...I think brokered accts you'd go through them

I don't know if a master reset would work or not...I would do this as last resort
menu 6-7-7-8 then pick master reset. Reason I say I dont know is once it resets it would have to reload everything

You could call StarChoice if you go through them directly...I think brokered accts you'd go through them

I don't know if a master reset would work or not...I would do this as last resort
menu 6-7-7-8 then pick master reset. Reason I say I dont know is once it resets it would have to reload everything

Thanks Iceberg...I use a Canadian broker for services. I was just wanting to avoid calling them to do this task. I thought maybe a memory dump existed that I could access and recover my password. If anyone else has done this themselves just let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)