Former customer signing back up w/Dish...a few questions...

coolbreeze

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Easton, PA
Hi,

I had Dish for several years up until a few months ago. I was trimming bills and canceled Dish. Well, I couldn't go without TV and I ended up getting cable. The quality is awful and I want to come back to Dish.

In the past, i had a VIP622. Loved it. Never had a contract. I have the 2 dishes still mounted to my house, and my house is still wired. When I canceled, I had to send the 622 back and the CSR told me I wouldn't be eligible for promotions, etc, for 6 or so months (don't remember) if I came back to Dish.

Well, now I've decided to do just that and I'm looking for the best avenue to do this. I have found several VIP622s on eBay and they will run me ~$180 or so. I want the highest Turbo HD package...don't ever watch SD. My questions are this:

• Will I be able to purchase a VIP622, call Dish, and activate? (I don't need installation)
  • If so, will I be required to sign a contract since I will own my equipment? (I hate contracts)
  • Any other things I should know before buying a DVR?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

I believe you can activate any receiver you own.
I don't think a contract is required as long as you own the receiver.
As far as buying used HD receivers, Well Just make sure they work properly and make sure you can get a refund if its not working as it should. And just make sure its not a leased receiver before you buy it. It can still happen !

What Hemi said. I think there's a $25 activation fee when you come back but you can activate an owned receiver anytime you want.

One thing about buying on eBay, ask for the R00 and S00 number from the seller. Call Dish and ask if you activate that receiver before you purchase it. Some of these receivers on eBay are leased and belong to Dish Network.

In addition to everything above, when you call Dish with the R and S numbers (BEFORE YOU BID), make sure they don't have a balance on them.

In other words, if the old owners of the receivers owed Dish money, you would then become responsible for what is owed before they can be activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts