Former subscriber discount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ignitor4

Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Wisconsin
We are former D* subscribers who switched to E* about 3 years ago. We would occasionally get letters from D* to come back, offering an extra discount for former subscribers (I think it was about $5/month lower than the national offers). Well, now we are actually considering switching back--is there a way to get this discount without waiting for another letter to arrive? We are also AAA members; would we be able to use both discounts?

Thanks!

Call the AAA line and see what they say. I have heard of some people who have gotten all the new customer offers after being away for 2-3 years.

We are former D* subscribers who switched to E* about 3 years ago. We would occasionally get letters from D* to come back, offering an extra discount for former subscribers (I think it was about $5/month lower than the national offers). Well, now we are actually considering switching back--is there a way to get this discount without waiting for another letter to arrive? We are also AAA members; would we be able to use both discounts?

Thanks!

Yes, I would call the AAA member number and get that deal.

Exclusive $10 off each month for 20 months for new subscribers. In addition to nationally advertised offer. 1-800-370-3578

And see if you can get anything else for coming back.

Does AAA give any discounts to existing subs, the offer wasn't available when I signed up in '04/05 ?

Is the number listed above the one for AAA ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Does AAA give any discounts to existing subs, the offer wasn't available when I signed up in '04/05 ?

Is the number listed above the one for AAA ?

Yes 1-800-370-3578 is the AAA discount line for Direct TV. I've never heard of anyone getting that added after the initial order but it's worth a shot since if wasn't available when you signed up. Let us know how it goes!

bbixler said:
Yes 1-800-370-3578 is the AAA discount line for Direct TV. I've never heard of anyone getting that added after the initial order but it's worth a shot since if wasn't available when you signed up. Let us know how it goes!

I will, probably give it a try this evening, not home at the moment.
What is the typical AAA discount for new Subs ?
Does that number go to D* or AAA ?

Not sure, but I think it goes to Direct TV. The AAA discount is $10 off for 20 months I believe.

$200 off or $10 for 20 months.

Well, I didn't get my AAA discount as it's only for new subs I guess, they mention that on the line before you get a hold of a rep.
However, I did get my AT&T $ 10 p/m credit that AT&T /D has been refusing me forever.

Also they are escalating the HD Free for 24 months credit that is NOT on my statement this month.
That should be on my bill again next month.

For the OP's question, you will get the new customer promotions, and if you have AAA that is your best bet.

Call the AAA line, also give them a Directv referral account, and you will get $20 off the first 10 monts and $10 off the second 10 months, in addition to the national offer.

Jason Crandall said:
For the OP's question, you will get the new customer promotions, and if you have AAA that is your best bet.

Call the AAA line, also give them a Directv referral account, and you will get $20 off the first 10 monts and $10 off the second 10 months, in addition to the national offer.

I told a friend of mine that was going to sign up for DirecTV about the AAA offer, and gave him my account number fir the refer a friend deal. He said that DirecTV told him that you could not combine the refer a friend offer and the AAA offer. Could it be a case if CSR roulette?

I told a friend of mine that was going to sign up for DirecTV about the AAA offer, and gave him my account number fir the refer a friend deal. He said that DirecTV told him that you could not combine the refer a friend offer and the AAA offer. Could it be a case if CSR roulette?

I would think, seeing others have talked about having both.

Yes it is. To correctly stack the offers you need to call the AAA line first. Then after you hang up with AAA and get your new account number, you call regular customer service or the RAF line and tell them you forgot to add the RAF promo when you signed up. They will add the promo. The AAA line will almost always tell you that you cannot add the RAF, which is true for their call center. You have to call another center to add the promo.

Yes it is. To correctly stack the offers you need to call the AAA line first. Then after you hang up with AAA and get your new account number, you call regular customer service or the RAF line and tell them you forgot to add the RAF promo when you signed up. They will add the promo. The AAA line will almost always tell you that you cannot add the RAF, which is true for their call center. You have to call another center to add the promo.

You DEFINITELY need to call the Referral line that they have posted, the normal call centers won't be able to help you.

I told my friend about calling the normal DirecTV customer service line, and ask them about the referral offer. He did, and they added it to the account. So he got an extra $10 off for 10 months and I did too, in addition to the AAA offer. Thanks for your suggestions.

I got the Costco $180 card offer and the $100 referral and did it all online. No CSR's to tell me I couldn't do it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts