Fortec 120 or 150cm Dish and MOTOR???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greyskies

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
sunny South Florida
I have been playing with a Hotdish75 (76?) for nearly 9 mos. and an SG2100 motor, with an ASC321 Standard KuBand LNBF. Considering getting a Fortecstar 120 or 150 cm dish, to gain better reception on various birds.

Any suggestions on a motor that I could use either of these dishes with safely, and without burning out the motor in a month or two?

I've been wondering about the 180 cm, 6' Fortec dish. Putting it on a motor
with a C Band LNB. I think the manual say's up to 120 cm...

It does state that it is limited to 120cm. I am also convinced that anything over 100cm would be placing considerable strain upon the motor.

That is why I was looking for suggestions vis-a-vis using a larger dish. What motor do people recommend?

120 cm dish on sg-2100 for c-band

I found a website that uses a 120cm fortec star dish with a 13v-18v offset c-band lnbf. It claims that it will deliver decent performance on c-band birds with 40 db/eirp or greater footprint.

It also recomends the sg-2100 motor.
I have one on a 90cm patriot dish now and it moves it very easily, even when its windy. Here where I live we have very strong winds from the West.
It fights the wind off really well since when I am pointed at G-10R which from here is very westward.

I think the motor would handle a 120 cm dish ok, It may just be a little slower, these are tough little units with a lot gear reduction. I may even be inclined to feel like it would move a 150 cm dish, but probably with a shortened life span.

truckracer said:
I found a website that uses a 120cm fortec star dish with a 13v-18v offset c-band lnbf. It claims that it will deliver decent performance on c-band birds with 40 db/eirp or greater footprint.

It also recomends the sg-2100 motor.
I have one on a 90cm patriot dish now and it moves it very easily, even when its windy. Here where I live we have very strong winds from the West.
It fights the wind off really well since when I am pointed at G-10R which from here is very westward.

I think the motor would handle a 120 cm dish ok, It may just be a little slower, these are tough little units with a lot gear reduction. I may even be inclined to feel like it would move a 150 cm dish, but probably with a shortened life span.

I've thought about doing the same thing. If you look at the specs. on the Fortec 120cm dish, it list specs. for both C-band and KU-band gain. The C-band gain is 32.78 dB. I'm not really sure how to translate that into EIRP though. I'd be curious to hear what kind of results someone has gotten that actually tried it. Any chance you could post the link to that website?

Mike

www.eyeinthesky.net I have ordered free to air equipment from them for about 2 years and have always had accurate orders and billing. The owner is Jay Martin, a very nice and knowledgeable guy. With all respect to other hard working dealers I can tell you from personal experience these people are good.

When you get on the site look under "c-band big dish" from the menu of products and you may have to click on the "go to next page button"

They are always updating the site. Hope this helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)