Status
Please reply by conversation.

BubahJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Bluefield, VA
Hi Guys!

Let me hit you with a question about a receiver. Someone gave me a Fortec 5600 v2 receiver. It is a European model with a adapter for AC hookup included. It lights up but I need a adapter to hook it up to a tv. Seems to be in excellent condition. I tried the yellow white and red jumpers to my tv with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks for all help.

Jim

so it looks like all you have to do is follow the directions in the link

Hopefully you can get it working :)

The SCART adapter can purchased through most retail European electronics stores for $15 - $95 depending on the output and function.

The default output for the receiver is PAL, so your TV / Monitor may not be able to lock onto and display this type of signal. If you could connect to a monitor which is capable of displaying a PAL signal you could view the menus to switch the output to NTSC. If you need the output to be switched, email me and our techs could do this for you at no charge if you cover the shipping.

If the RCA connections (yellow/white/red) don't work, the scart won't work either. Both are outputting the same signal (PAL in this case).

The original poster mentioned that the RCA connections don't work. What is the problem: no image at all, or a rolling image, or something else?
If no image at all, make sure the TV is set to the correct AV input (i.e. not to the regular channel 3 or 4).
If you have a rolling image, that's indeed because of a PAL signal that your NTSC TV can't handle (or the other way round).

I had the exact same issue yesterday when setting up my new system - I tried 'guessing' (from the menu options showing in the manual) the sequence of buttons to press to get the output changed to NTSC but after 20 minutes of failure I gave up - then I remembered I have an old PAL TV - hooked it up, image was OK, changed setting to NTSC, and voila!

If you can find someone with the exact same model receiver you can ask that person to write down the sequence of buttons to press to change from PAL to NTSC (e.g. on mine the sequence is MENU > > > V V OK V V V V V > > > EXIT).

Chris.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)