Fortec Lifetime Ultra Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Would like to bring my Fortec Lifetime Ultra back to it's virgin state as it was when first bought.

Searched in the receivers software section of the forum, there is nothing about the FLU.

If anyone has the original Factory software, or any kind of firmware pertaining to the FLU, and is willing to share it with me, it would be DEEPLY appreciated.:)

Thank You.

Last edited:
I've got it on an old cd I saved, that has several receivers firmware on it. PM-me your email and I'll relay it to ya. There's instructions, the updater(loader) file, and the US-NTSC firmware on this disk.

Recieved your sent information, saved it to my computer just remembered that I do need a nine pins connector to do the download to the reciver. Now I have to bring the receiver to my brother to do the update of the software, my computer is lacking that patprticular peice of hardware.

Will do more reading before doing the firmware download.

Thank You for your help, will report after the firmware is installed and working.

Avenger,

I did this before and wasted hours cursing at my PC. It turns out most modern USB to RS232 adapters are lacking full emulation of the protocol and won't work for this.

As I said, I spent hours trying to get the thing to work. I finally took it to a friend with an old desktop and a proper RS232 interface card, plugged it in, and it worked first time.

So, if you are using a USB adapter and get nowhere, try an older PC before you go crazy like I did.

Martyn

Good luck with it avenger, I was lucky to have found that old cd with the software on it. If that receiver has a USB port, maybe you can load firmware using a thumbdrive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.