Random Act of Kindness for FTA newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I would like to give a dish, receiver and setup to an FTA newbie in my local area.

I have the dish and receiver and will help you get started with your first setup. Must be within a reasonable distance from me. I'm near Winchester, VA. Got these both recently and want to pass them along to someone new to FTA; but someone who also wants to learn.

Here is the dish and receiver. PM me if you are interested.

If you already have an KU FTA setup - - - please leave for someone who has none. :)

Attachments

• CoolSat-7000.jpg
    CoolSat-7000.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 246
  • PrimeStar-Front.jpg
    PrimeStar-Front.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 234
  • PrimeStar-Back.jpg
    PrimeStar-Back.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 206
Any takers? I guess folks here all have FTA setups or they are not local. Offer still stands!

I have multiple Viewsat VS Pro receivers to give out to interested locals, but so far no inquiries even. It's not easy giving stuff away. Reminds me of my Sony 36" flat screen with PIP that weighed 225 lbs. I couldn't get anybody to take it for free including the fire department or a teen centre. I had to finally bury it in a friend's basement where it probably still sits to this day. I have the Coolsat 7000 and it's a good receiver to learn with since its dish orientation screen (big orange quick-response bar) is excellent to view outdoors even in the sun.

I have multiple Viewsat VS Pro receivers to give out to interested locals, but so far no inquiries even. It's not easy giving stuff away. Reminds me of my Sony 36" flat screen with PIP that weighed 225 lbs. I couldn't get anybody to take it for free including the fire department or a teen centre. I had to finally bury it in a friend's basement where it probably still sits to this day. I have the Coolsat 7000 and it's a good receiver to learn with since its dish orientation screen (big orange quick-response bar) is excellent to view outdoors even in the sun.

Those flat Trinitron tubes weighed enough to break backs, and were extremely front-heavy to make things worse.

I have a 33" Sony Trinitron in the hamshack here, wasn't able to give it away either. Works great on the MicroHD and Panasonic digital OTA tuner. Takes up a lot of floor space though... and I havn't been able to find a bracket to hang it on the wall :) (or the crane to install it there!)

I found someone locally who wants the dish and receiver. I will post pix when I put it up. I'm assuming they will want 97W but who knows they might want some other satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts