Fortec Lifetime Ultra Freezing on IA6 scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elburn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Maine
I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, and I was doing a blind scan on IA6. Finding all the transponders works fine, but when it switches over to find the individual channels, it gets to either 50-something percent, or sometimes 80-something percent, and just gets stuck.

For instance, I had inadvertanty deleted ABSAT NYC 1 and 2, and when I went to blind scan again, only NYC 1 would show up, and not 2. And nothing would happen after it reached that certain percent. I would leave it for 5-10 minutes and it wouldn't do anything.

This doesn't happen on any other satellites. Is there an easier work around instead of doing a TP scan on every transponder found?

I have had the same problem a few times, delete all but one TP. before doing a blind scan. That 'MAY' help. You will not lose your stored channels.

Holy Fast Reply Batman.

Thanks, PSB, I'll see if that works.

I'm just really sad I lost ABSAT NYC 2 and I can't get it back.

As a side note, lyngsat shows there to be oodles of feed TPs, but I can only find a select few. I guess that's just because the networks aren't broadcasting anything on them?

Elburn said:
Holy Fast Reply Batman.

Thanks, PSB, I'll see if that works.

I'm just really sad I lost ABSAT NYC 2 and I can't get it back.
ABSAT 2 is sporatic....sometimes it isnt there
As a side note, lyngsat shows there to be oodles of feed TPs, but I can only find a select few. I guess that's just because the networks aren't broadcasting anything on them?
correct. There are tons of feeds on IA6 but they all last 5-10 minutes :)

I've discovered the transponder that has been making the receiver freeze:

12060 V 7.957 on IA6

Can anyone else receive that? Is it scrambled, and is that what is confusing my receiver?

Yeah, if I'm bored, I will scan each TP after the one that freezes, but if I'm in a hurry, I'll just delete that one and rescan them.

Elburn said:
Yeah, if I'm bored, I will scan each TP after the one that freezes, but if I'm in a hurry, I'll just delete that one and rescan them.

Heh..thats prob the SMART way of doing it..

I dont know my way around the menu's enuf to even think of trying that. Ill have to try tonight.

Hehe I was stuck on the same transponder on mine, as I was just doing a blind scan. After sitting there for 5 min it gave up and moved to the next transponder.

Just kind of funny that I was stuck there as I stumbled upon this thread. :)

Had the same problem tonight with my Fortec. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

Wholeshoe

All 3 of my blind scan receivers freeze up on that TP

Elburn...ABSAT2 was on last night...but it had the same stuff as ABSAT 1

Bummer! I just scanned it in, and it had the space walk (which was on ABSAT1 too).

Oh well, at least I have it back.

Same problems on mine... I just delete the one that it freezes on and start the rescan over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)