Fortec Lifetime Ultra ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Has anyone from time to time been watching tv on their fortec lifetime ultra and it goes from great to gone..i mean i've got great quality and then the signal spikes to 92% and the quality goes bye-bye and i have to do a hard reset to clear it. Just wondering if im the only one who this is happening to.

Yup. I think this is a little common with the Fortec now and then. It doesn't happen a lot to be, but a hard reset usually fixes it.

Yeah that's happen to when I am TV DXing and that thing has hicups from time to time.

The only way is to turn off the power switch to clear the bug out.

There is not much you can do about it. :(

Not sure is the hardware or software is to blame.

I just hope the Fortech company will build a better receiver next time around.

Mine will lock up when I go from transponder to transponder on the same satellite, too. If the second channel is much weaker than the first, it will lock right up and not even let me use the remote to turn it off. PO/PO is the only way to go at that point. It doesn't happen very often, but it is a minor bummer when it does.

Cheers!

Yeah, I get occassional lockups as well. Signal strength goes to an erroneous 90%, but quality is zero. Off/on fixes it. Luckily it doesn't happen too often, I like my receiver.

my Pansat does the same but goes to signal 20 quality 0...the old off/on switch does the trick

The 3500 did the same thing (90 s 0 q)

kc5qih said:
Has anyone from time to time been watching tv on their fortec lifetime ultra and it goes from great to gone..i mean i've got great quality and then the signal spikes to 92% and the quality goes bye-bye and i have to do a hard reset to clear it. Just wondering if im the only one who this is happening to.

Try the Pansat 2500A bin , but you may have to use a Pansat remote ?

For the factory bin , go to pansatusa.com , I think ?

Wyr

Fortec behavior

Last night my fortec started behaving strangely. When I presses the sat button on the remote to choose a satellite it browsed fine if I went down the list, but when I browsed upward to go the end of the satellite list from the other direction, the picture froze and the sound remained for about 10 seconds. It rebooted itself after that and kept doing this several times.
I did a cold reboot from the back on/off switch a couple of times and waited several minutes but it did NOT do the trick.
Eventually, I had to revert to factory settings, which I hated because I lost all my favorite list etc. It seems to work fine now. If it does it again I will call the manufacurer 'cause it's still under warranty.

Has anyone experienced this before.

Iceberg said:
Lifetime cant use Pansat 2500 software (not that I'm aware of)

Yes it can. :yes I have an Ultra running 2500 software as I like the "feel" of the Pansat software better. The Ultra and the 2500 are identical boxes with the exception of the remote.

Iceberg said:
Lifetime cant use Pansat 2500 software (not that I'm aware of)

I may have been mistaken , but I thought the origional post was for an ultra .

My ultra gets weird if I have too many sats setup & too many channeles scanned .

I think it runs out of memory .

Otherwise , it works great . :) Very good low cost receiver .

Wyr

Try getting rid of some of the stuff in it's memory, like unused TPs or those pesky radio stations. Mine used to do weird stuff till I gutted it, not a problem since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.