Fortec Passion receiver bought on Ebay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I just received a Fortec Passion receiver I bought on ebay
from a guy called mrbogusbaxter.I see why he has bogus in his name.
He states in the listing about how the receiver has blindscan and He was able
to scan all the satellites.Quote Note this is a UK model with UK channels embedded though can be used in the US upon a new fresh channel scan, and further channel editing via PC
Tested and scanned in the US, FTA channels & subscription channels came in clear and super (HD) though -- this was with a VALID SUBSCRIBED CAM CARD. He does not state that this is a pal receiver and will not work in the US.He said it was tested in scanned in the US which is a lie since we don't use pal
in America.Basically the receiver is useless in the US without any NTSC software.

Scroll down a little on this thread for more discussion of him and that receiver.

I have three suggestions:
- give him some negative feedback on his eBay account
- sell it on UK eBay
- get a hi def receiver and hook the Passion to it
My Syntax 42" LCD will digest a PAL signal.

Scroll down a little on this thread for more discussion of him and that receiver.

I have three suggestions:
- give him some negative feedback on his eBay account
- sell it on UK eBay
- get a hi def receiver and hook the Passion to it
My Syntax 42" LCD will digest a PAL signal.
Anole how would you hook the passion recevier to a
hi definition receiver.?

If your Passion has HDMI or Component connectors, then I'd use either of those.
Shouldn't be any need to get a SCART cable to hook to a hi def TV set.

Not guaranteeing this is a workable solution... just something to test.

Frankly, it's not the cable that matters, it's the TV set you hook up to.
If it'll do PAL, you might have a chance; if it won't, you're dead in the water.
When I first got my Satpros FTA receiver hooked to my HDTV, I may have used composite.
But on the menu, there were both NTSC and PAL mode available.
I chose each, and could see a tiny visual difference, but in both cases the picture seemed fine.

If your Passion has HDMI or Component connectors, then I'd use either of those.
Shouldn't be any need to get a SCART cable to hook to a hi def TV set.

Not guaranteeing this is a workable solution... just something to test.

Frankly, it's not the cable that matters, it's the TV set you hook up to.
If it'll do PAL, you might have a chance; if it won't, you're dead in the water.
When I first got my Satpros FTA receiver hooked to my HDTV, I may have used composite.
But on the menu, there were both NTSC and PAL mode available.
I chose each, and could see a tiny visual difference, but in both cases the picture seemed fine.
I have 3 hdtv's but they will not do pal.Looks like I am dead in the water.

That's rotten , unfortunately you didn't read our recent discussion on Mr. Bogus and this receiver.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/93743-new-fortec-hd-specs-8.html

Many of us suspected that he wasn't being completely honest , I did know that his receiver was only useable with a PAL TV and I was very tempted , I even joked that it was probably one of our own forum members who bought it.

I think you will find a workable economic solution , I remember someone mentioning something about a computer monitor that could do PAL .... but that was a while back.

With an HD receiver & Digital HD TV (DTV), you connect the two using a HDMI or DVI cable. PAL or NTSC don't make any difference, because those are for standard definition TV not Digital TV. If you use the S-Video or Composite Video output (ANALOG) on an HD receiver, then PAL or NTSC becomes important.

Also, notice that the HDTV standard for Europe is slightly different than the USA due to 50Hz / 60 Hz (and ATSC vs DVB-T)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts