Fortec Passion--Where are you!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Pansat 3500 does have the ability to scan more than one satellite but not at the same time, and it is only a satellite scan, not a smart search, it works well if you have fixed dishes.

Go into the "menu" and select "installation", enter your password, select "Satellite Scan", and then you can select upto four satellites and press ok, then the Pansat will scan the existing transponders you have saved for each satellite.

If your using a motor I think it starts scanning the satellite before the motor arrives at the satellite it should be at.

I'd be okay with scanning them sequentially, but the lack of smart search sucks. If wildfeeds appear on previously located transponders, will a transponder scan (ie. non-smart search) bring them in?

The lack of motor awareness on the Pansat is a bummer too - makes a good case for Toroidal though.

I hope the Passion will include smart scans on the multisat scan feature. The thought of being able to cue up multiple satellites to pull in 4:2:2 feeds that can be viewed instantly feels like Christmas morning.

I can't wait until it's finally unveiled!

Since I've been told by a pretty good source that it will have the ability to do 4:2:2 and blind scan, I'm pretty excited!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :)

Since I've been told by a pretty good source that it will have the ability to do 4:2:2 and blind scan, I'm pretty excited!

Oh Boy !! Now you got me all worked up !!!:D
Good thing I have other boxes to play with, I'd have a
stroke otherwise !
grusome

I'm impressed with the 'Multisat Scan' documented around the 2 minute mark in the video and I thought to myself I'd really like to have this feature. Then I found this thread that says my Pansat 3500s already has it.

Can anyone confirm if the 3500s actually does have a multisat scan function? I haven't noticed it on any of my scans recently. Are there any other receivers like the Satwork that offer blindscanning multiple sats with the correct pause for motor movement in-between?

Seems ideal for checking for wildfeeds with minimal babysitting.

forte mercury can multisat scan, hopefully they carry this forward to the passion

Hopefully the good sources are correct this time...:), last time, people said it had every thing but it did not...
I have $ ready for this baby if it does what it claim. No rush for me, I have other receivers to get 4:2:2...:)

I emailed Fortec to inquire about the Passion. I received a response from them on the 10th
that stated "We still don't have a release date yet but we are planning on having a
blind search feature and 4:2:2". They wouldn't comment further. I hope they follow through.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)