Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
Hey Everybody,

I just finished my final move to Perry Hall Maryland and unpacked my stuff in storage. I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver and I am wondering if it will pick up all (or most) of the new satellites. I have been FTA-less for over 6 years and I have all but forgotten everything I knew. I have a 1 meter FTA dish but have not set it up. I have a clear view of almost the entire sky at my house. Will my receiver perform well or do I have to invest in a new receiver. Thanks for any info or suggestions you may have!!!!

Myles

Well there's been a general shift to Mpeg4 and DVB-S2 to save bandwidth and/or get a better, higher quality, picture 'out'. Although, think there's only 1 or 2 using that on 97w (g 19) so it would do well there. But many other services, oon other satellites, have made the switch so upgrading to a newer more capable receiver may be warranted.
Look over the stickys - FAQ's - and most will come back.

Thanks

That is what I thought. The Fortec was a nice little receiver but like anything else, technology moves right along. Thanks. I'll look at those stickies to jog my memory. Thanks for the quick response.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts