FortecStar Mercury II - Cornerstone TV down/won't scan in?

midihead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Hi all!

I have a FortecStar Mercury II receiver.

Last night, I lost sound on the Glorystar TV channel. I deleted the channel and then did a TP Scan to bring it back in, however, it now does not show up in the list of channels for the transponder it was on. It has been on the same transponder as GCN TV up until now (12115-V 22425).

Since the TP Scan didn't make it show up, I then did an Auto Scan for the whole satellite but the channel is still not showing.

I tried to manually add the channel back in but still nothing.

Could the VPID, APID, or PCR have changed since yesterday for this channel. If so, does anyone know what these settings should now be?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!

Jeff

Jeff,
Which Glorystar channel are you missing? There is no channel named Glorystar - but there is a Glorystar package with many Christian channels.
Bob

If you are missing Cornerstone TV .......
No changes have occurred with Cornerstone TV. All parameters are the same.

Satellite: Galaxy19
TP Frequency: 12115
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 22425
VPID: 4131
APID: 4129
PCR: 4132

No suggestions as to the cause. If all else fails, try deleting all channels then perform a Power Scan of Galaxy19 (previously Galaxy25 or IA5)

Jeff,
Which Glorystar channel are you missing? There is no channel named Glorystar - but there is a Glorystar package with many Christian channels.
Bob

Oops... I meant the Cornerstone TV channel , not the Glorystar TV channel. :eek:

Go figure... for no explainable reason, the channel started working on its own sometime during the day today. When I programmed it in last night with the correct settings, it wouldn't display but tonight is is.

:confused:

I had a similar thing happen yesterday. Mercury II. I could not save tp11789 V 28125. After many attempts.. it just would not be in the channel list.

Transponder 11789 has been on the satellite for many, many years and it was pre-programmed into the original Fortec Star Mercury II firmware as the 3rd transponder position. The receiver would not allow you to enter the identical transponder a second time.

If you wish to scan that frequency, simply select the existing transponder from the pre-programmed list and scan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)