GEOSATpro Receiver Won't Tune Some Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I just bought a new receiver and some channels will only work while connected to the signal meter while other channels works without requiring the signal meter. I had this happen a few months back with a used receiver that someone had and a new receiver resolved the issue after seeing the pizellating on 11842 channels. On the new receiver I see no pixellations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several things can cause this problem.

• Defective receiver
  • Defective coax
  • Defective LNBF
  • Corroded coax fittings
Need more information to assist.

Without the meter in line:

• Brand and model of Meter? Does you meter supply voltage or is it a passive insertion type? Can the meter control polarities and switches?
  • One LNBF or Two? If two LNBFs, are the channels coming in from one sat?
  • Are the channels only coming in from one polarity?
  • Test LNBF by swapping to a known working test LNBF?
  • Test Voltage on the SAT IN port: 13VDC on Vertical Channel / 18VDC on a Horizontal Channel (+/- 10%)?
  • Test Voltage on the coax at the dish: 13VDC on Vertical Channel / 18VDC on a Horizontal Channel (+/- 10%)?

Sorry, have been busy lately getting ready for the cold weather coming in. I have not had a chance to test the receiver at my house yet to see if I can duplicate the problem here. If I do see a problem here as well then it is probably in the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts