Glorystar support please

Discussion in 'Glorystar Support Forum' started by mrswright, Jul 12, 2019.

1. mrswright

mrswright Topic Starter New Member

Hello, I have had Glorystar FTA for a few years. I have had to replace a few receivers.
    Today, because of lightening, I got a new receiver from them. Nothing is showing up on the screen after hookup. I also replaced the LNBF. The co axle cable going in the LNBF was hot. I took off the old one and put on a new LNBF and the connection warmed again. Thoughts? Not sure why this is not working out for me, I expected the Glorystar interface to come up on my screen and it did not.
    I am not a geek but basically can hook up my own receivers. Thanks for your help.
    M. Wright

2. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

I would suggest you remove the coax cable from the lnbf right at the dish. Then, hook a temporary length of coax up to the lnbf, and connect that directly to the new receiver. Even if you have to take the receiver & tv set right out to the dish, and use a long extension cord.

After a lightning strike, anything is possible. Even the coax could have "flashed-over" and is now effectively shorted. Or, if there's any switches, barrel connectors, or ground connectors inline, those could be shorted out.

Trying this as I stated above, eliminates all variables. If it now works fine, you need to find out if it's bad coax, or whatever. That can be done using an Ohmmeter.

Separate names with a comma.

More...