Glorystar support please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrswright

Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
afton
Hello, I have had Glorystar FTA for a few years. I have had to replace a few receivers.
Today, because of lightening, I got a new receiver from them. Nothing is showing up on the screen after hookup. I also replaced the LNBF. The co axle cable going in the LNBF was hot. I took off the old one and put on a new LNBF and the connection warmed again. Thoughts? Not sure why this is not working out for me, I expected the Glorystar interface to come up on my screen and it did not.
I am not a geek but basically can hook up my own receivers. Thanks for your help.
M. Wright

Hello, I have had Glorystar FTA for a few years. I have had to replace a few receivers.
Today, because of lightening, I got a new receiver from them. Nothing is showing up on the screen after hookup. I also replaced the LNBF. The co axle cable going in the LNBF was hot. I took off the old one and put on a new LNBF and the connection warmed again. Thoughts? Not sure why this is not working out for me, I expected the Glorystar interface to come up on my screen and it did not.
I am not a geek but basically can hook up my own receivers. Thanks for your help.
M. Wright

I would suggest you remove the coax cable from the lnbf right at the dish. Then, hook a temporary length of coax up to the lnbf, and connect that directly to the new receiver. Even if you have to take the receiver & tv set right out to the dish, and use a long extension cord.

After a lightning strike, anything is possible. Even the coax could have "flashed-over" and is now effectively shorted. Or, if there's any switches, barrel connectors, or ground connectors inline, those could be shorted out.

Trying this as I stated above, eliminates all variables. If it now works fine, you need to find out if it's bad coax, or whatever. That can be done using an Ohmmeter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts