Forum email notifications

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

USDownlink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Oregon
I have been very inactive since the upgrade at SatelliteGuys, my favorite site, because of this problem. It's somewhat related to a previous post here I made about forum notifications not working since the upgrade - however it is a distinctly separate problem.

In that previous post, I indicated that Forum Notification emails were not working. Indeed they stopped working, coincident with the vBulletin upgrade, but I eventually figured out that unsubscribing then resubscribing sort of fixed the issue.

The problem remains that instant forum notifications is no longer an option. I can't believe I am the only one that was using this feature, but just in case, this will be my last plea for help on the matter.

I would like to evidence the transient nature of posts like this:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/news-feeds/239171-some-type-police-emergency-la-99w.html
A once-daily email of forum activity covering posts like this serves no purpose. The feed has long since disappeared by 9pm. Instant notification is a necessity.

Please be sure I am not talking about thread notification, a distinction that I am not sure was fully appreciated in the past. Instant thread notification continues to work like it always has. What I am seeking is instant notification of new threads in a given forum. For now, it appears that a once-daily summary is the only option available, contrary to how it has been in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts