Forum Upgrade Problems / Bugs and Suggestions Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up at 2am, couldn't sleep so I added a bunch of new Smiles to the board.

BTW if in your are seeing good moring when its evening, etc please check your timezone settings in your User Control Panel. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hi guys, I do hope you are enjoying the new software!

Please remember Rome was not built in a day!

With any forum upgrade there may be some slight glitches and problems. If you see something strange PLEASE REPORT IT HERE.

Also if you have any suggestions please post them here as well.

Remember SatelliteGuys was built for YOU, so all suggestions will be considered!

Enjoy the new site!!
The home page automaticaly updates every 30 seconds.

Hey Scott,

Great job on the upgrade.

One small thing I have found.

On the Edit Profile Page, Who is your satellite company? page. Sky Angel is not listed as an option.

Scott,
I like the site upgrade alot! But one of my polls got really screwed up. It is currently on page 6 of the Dish Network forum, as "fast poll that needs your answer". some how about 25 other choices were added to the list of options and the count was lost on how many total votes were cast along with the percentage scores for each real option. can you fix it back to how it was or should I just make a new one? it should read "In your area, which method offers the most HD content?" "----Satellite TV---Cable TV---Antenna (local broadcasts)" if you can fix it. Thank you for the help!!! really appreciate the site!

Your better off making a new one. As you have seen some poll data did not carry over properly

Sorry about that. (Good news this poll will be safe for a long time) :D

Scott - the read flag on the homepage is killing me. I need to go through ROLLTIDE's crap 3 or 4 times on occasion to make the yellow dish go away! :)

( j/k ROLLTIDE )

On the 'home page' there is a list of 'Latest Forum Topics'. I try to click on the "Bingo TV" topic (http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=5743) and it gives me the "You don't have permission to do this" screen.

I'm not sure which forum that topic is in. I am authenticated - it says "Welcome back Video62" on the home page.

video62 said:
On the 'home page' there is a list of 'Latest Forum Topics'. I try to click on the "Bingo TV" topic (http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=5743) and it gives me the "You don't have permission to do this" screen.

I'm not sure which forum that topic is in. I am authenticated - it says "Welcome back Video62" on the home page.
That message is a message in our supporters "Pub" area which is a private message area.

I am trying to fix it so it only shows the topics which you should see.

hancox said:
Scott - the read flag on the homepage is killing me. I need to go through ROLLTIDE's crap 3 or 4 times on occasion to make the yellow dish go away! :)

( j/k ROLLTIDE )

Did you know that I hate the Huskies ? j/k

Hey no making fun of the Huskies... besides ESPN, the Huskies and SatelliteGuys.US we have nothing else from Connecticut to be really proud of. :lol:

Scott Greczkowski said:
Where are you seeing that? All dates look fine here.

Scott,

All of the dates that appear are April vice January.... same as the poster above reported and I reported on the first page of this thread...

It seemingly must be something at my end, but this does not happen at any other site that I visit.

Jerry
:confused:

jsheldon said:
Scott,

All of the dates that appear are April vice January.... same as the poster above reported and I reported on the first page of this thread...

It seemingly must be something at my end, but this does not happen at any other site that I visit.

Aha!!! Went in and modified my settings at the User CP - I somehow had not put in the correct time zone for my location. (I am in +5 -- somehow I had told it I was in -12.) I now am seeing the correct time and date rather then dates in April.

I'm a retired US Submariner and have many yarns to spin about confusion caused my changes in timezones - whether correctly applied or not. I should have known better

:D

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)