Status
Not open for further replies.

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
I'm guessing it's due to the attack the other night?Also god a bad gateway timeout just a few minutes ago.Using firefox 17.All other sites are fine.

Can't tell the speed from here on the ship as everything is slow from here.

But the speed is not related to the other night. Today is the first of the month so the system is doing a lot if work today, full backup rotation, log rotation, stats processing for the last month etc.

Normally when it's rotating logs and doing the monthly stats processing it is normal to see gateway timeouts for a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've noticed slowness for the past couple of days. It seemed to start after the downtime so I presumed it was related and/or somethings aren't re-tweaked. I'm seeing "Page time" in the 1 to 1.5 second range quite frequently. What's really noticeable is clicking the "first new post" link on subscribed threads - it will load the page slower than normal, sit at the "top" of the page, and then eventually jump to the newest post (this is taking quite a bit longer than the 1-1.5 seconds mentioned already).

Thanks for the explanation Scott,sux to be having issues when your on vacation.

The site speed seems to be better now at least on my end.It any better for you Hall?

Site speed (at least on my phone) seems fine so far. I did notice once or twice slow speeds and a few timeouts over the past few days though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

The site speed seems to be better now at least on my end.It any better for you Hall?
Nope, still has the stutter like I described above when jumping to the first new post. And the load time for this page is:

Page Time: 1.28734 seconds

I know that a little over a second doesn't seem long, but I'm confident normal load times are under 0.25 seconds.

Does seem a little slower now, whether it's the full site or the iPad version.

Browsing the full site and jumping to new posts net me the following results :-

Page Time: 0.81814 seconds

Page Time: 0.90787 seconds

Page Time: 0.95163 seconds

Granted I never looked at the page times before it does seem a bit slower than usual.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)