Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Sorry about the down time tonight. As you know I am at sea at the moment and was away from a computer tonight as I was at a show on the ship.

I am still investigating the issue which caused the problem, but at the moment it appears to be an old modification which let this bot turn off the board with the warning message (which is what you saw.)

Three admins are now scouring the server to prevent this from happening again. For security purposes I don't want to say anything else, but it appears the server, database are secure.

Sorry for the downtime and thanks again for your understanding.

Really freaked me out! Glad everything's O.K. ... Hope it gets sorted out A.S.A.P. !

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Ok done for tonight, I know the regular homepage is not working... but I got to get to sleep as I got to be up in 3 hours. :D

I will work on it again when I get back on the ship tomorrow afternoon.

I had a wake up call to satguys.us addiction. I found out how many times I connect to this forum, when I couldn't connect... I just about went crazy! Whew!

Sorry about the down time tonight. As you know I am at sea at the moment and was away from a computer tonight as I was at a show on the ship.

Dude.... You're on vacation and on a cruise no less...and you brought your laptop with you? Put the laptop away, kick back and down a few pints for me will ya?

Cheers, K

PS- How's the tan coming?

That was strange, but I think we all lived through it. Maybe someone should do a roll call. ;)

trojanforge.com Do they test for Vbulletin?Or is it just a bunch of hackers?

trojanforge.com Do they test for Vbulletin?Or is it just a bunch of hackers?
If they test (or work) for VBulletin, I'm certain they'd notify the site's admins in a more professional manner than the way they did it last night.

Guys, do a virus scan on your own computer, my security software pick up 3 incidents of A Torjan virus.

Norton spotted it as soon as I turn on the computer I did a full scan with Malwarebytes and Norton, 3 viruses detected and cleared.

I'm positive that it came from trying to reopen the Satellite guys Pub page.

Scott and the Admins don't be sorry it is not your fault and you guys are doing the best you can and you do a great job and this is the best site going.I did Virus scan here and right away and came up eith no Trojans viruses here :)

Guys, do a virus scan on your own computer, my security software pick up 3 incidents of A Torjan virus.

Norton spotted it as soon as I turn on the computer I did a full scan with Malwarebytes and Norton, 3 viruses detected and cleared.

I'm positive that it came from trying to reopen the Satellite guys Pub page.

Nothing here with MSE and mbam.What's odd is neither google nor mbam shows any warnings about trojanforge.com.If you look them up whois they appear to be legit but,I don't know.Would like to know more about them and their motives.

Guys, do a virus scan on your own computer, my security software pick up 3 incidents of A Torjan virus. Norton spotted it as soon as I turn on the computer I did a full scan with Malwarebytes and Norton, 3 viruses detected and cleared. I'm positive that it came from trying to reopen the Satellite guys Pub page.
Plenty of people surely run active security software and visited the site during this, but no one else has reported anything. I'd be careful saying "I'm positive that it came from trying to reopen the Satellite guys Pub page"...

What's odd is neither google nor mbam shows any warnings about trojanforge.com.
I think that Google only flags website when that site is known to actively try and infect people. In this case, trojanforge is just a discussion group. Why would they want to infect their "friends" ?

It's hard to tell if they're good hackers or bad hackers though... Based on them just pointing out a flaw, you'd learn towards "good". The fact that they say they didn't touch the SQL database would make me skeptical though. The note from last night was signed by "001" and he/she appears to help run trojanforge (can't get any details w/o registering though).

I think that Google only flags website when that site is known to actively try and infect people. In this case, trojanforge is just a discussion group. Why would they want to infect their "friends" ?

It's hard to tell if they're good hackers or bad hackers though... Based on them just pointing out a flaw, you'd learn towards "good". The fact that they say they didn't touch the SQL database would make me skeptical though. The note from last night was signed by "001" and he/she appears to help run trojanforge (can't get any details w/o registering though).

Good points hall.I just assumed google and malwarebytes might have flagged the site if they thought they were potentially malicious,at least some kind of warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)