Sorry guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to try clearing cookies next time I'm on the comp. Might have something to do with the fact that I changed my password.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Clear cookies is the correct action for re-logging in fix! If you changed passwords, that is. Had this situation, posted earlier in another thread about the site. Problem was instantly fixed. I say "if you changed passwords" because I did, and on the advice of another member, this fixed the problem. Good luck!

Yup this week was a perfect storm. But it could have been MUCH worse, and today we are A LOT more secure then we were a few days ago.

No passwords were compromised, but as I tell people if you want to change your password then you should change your password.

To be honest (insert embarrassed graphic here) a lot of the issues we had after Wednesday Nights events were MY FAULT. In trying to figure out how to get us back online I disabled a lot of things in the admin panel... I was so frantic I didn't remember everything I turned off. Then another stupid thing I did was I turned off the navigation manager in the admin control panel which messed up the navigation bar at the top of the page. When people were telling me that it was broken I did a restore of a style file to try getting it back... unfortunately that style I uploaded was the wrong one and wiped out some of the settings like Whats New... I do have a backup of the styles at my office, but like a dummy I shut my computer down for the week so I cant remote access it and get the backed up file. And after all of that it wasn't the style what was the problem.. the problem was I turned OFF the navigation manager so I actually overwrote the working settings. (whoops)

The other part of this perfect storm was the updated SatelliteGuys app came out. While I was expecting the update to come out, I was not expecting them to change the URL for the program to be changed from SatelliteGuys.US to SatelliteGuys.COM. That was something we talked with them about doing and they were SUPPOSED to coridinate with us on a cutover date to the .com address. That didn't happen they just cut over and .COM was not ready to go... thats why everyone was getting the error. I had to setup .COM from the ship which was a slow painful process.

The final issue the internet itself... on the ship the internet worked, and sometime when it was snappy and other times it was slow... it was always the slowest the most when I was REALLY needing it to be fast. But luckily (THANK YOU GOD) this was the FIRST WEEK that the ship has ever offered UNLIMITED INTERNET on board. Without it it would have cost me over $1,000 in internet fees.

I am flying home today, I am actually sitting in the airport now waiting to get on the plane back to Hartford. Once I get back tomorrow I will dive in and fix the rest of the things I broke when I was trying to get us back online.

I would like to ask all members to do the British thing and "Keep Calm and Carry On" and no longer discuss the events from Wednesday. There is no reason to scare other members as everything has been patched and fixed and I am confident no user data has been compromised. While no site will ever be 100% hacker proof I have made a number of changes to give us the best security we have ever had. In addition I have taken other appropriate action which I can not publicly discuss. From here on out I will no longer be talking about what happened, its time to carry on and continue working to make SatelliteGuys better for you!

Keep-Calm-and-Carry-On-poster.jpg

This was a perfect storm for us, and we learned a lot. Again I am sorry for all the issues, as many of them were my fault in trying to get things back online for you! We had a great week on our cruise and some very exciting things are coming to SatelliteGuys.US!

Stay Tuned!

Just know it's 35 deg up here and drizzly cold You might not want to get on that plane for Hartford :)

Dang 75 degrees here and Sunny. :D

I checked in my coat in my baggage. I forgot its not summer in Connecticut. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts