Found a beauty! What kind of mount is this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Found a beauty. Looks like a 12 to 14 footer. Im wondering what kind of mount this is? The guy who lives here said its still hooked up, but they are not using it. I left my phone number and told him if he's intrested in letting me have it, to call me. He says it still works and everything. Just a little rusted!

The dish is fully intact, w/ a little bit of hail bobble, over all a very nice looking dish. If the guy says I can have it, then I have to rent a uhall or something as I want to move it as one peice if I can. Obviously then I would have a free 7.5 footer someone in the southern chicago area can have :)

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 328
It's a 10 foot Unimesh with a AJAX H to H mount. The reason I say 10 foot is the 12 foot had intermediate rings on the dish like mine. May have even been installed by a dealer buddy of mine from Monee IL back in the day. Thats where quite a few installs in the late 80's and early 90's came from on the south side of Chi Town. From your one picture I can tell it's it's pointed at AMC-3. :)

Attachments

• IM002753.JPG
    IM002753.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
It's a 10 foot Unimesh with a AJAX H to H mount. The reason I say 10 foot is the 12 foot had intermediate rings on the dish like mine. May have even been installed by a dealer buddy of mine from Monee IL back in the day. Thats where quite a few installs in the late 80's and early 90's came from on the south side of Chi Town. From your one picture I can tell it's it's pointed at AMC-3. :)

Is your buddy still a dealer today? Im only about 10 min from monee.

I agree about the 10', it looks exactly like mine except for the H-H mount. Mine spends plenty of time on AMC3 also. :)

That's a cool link tvropro, there's nothing like commercial satellite equipment. After owning my Prodelin, there's no going back.

Wow, thats a great find goaliebob99, and with that H to H mount you will have precision Satellite Tuning. Good Luck on getting it.

Looking at the pix that is a 10 ft old SAMI Dish with a AJAX H to H mount.

Unimash dishes never hat a hole in the center plates.

These guys probably did some of the stuff out at the monee uplink and thier dish's they built. I should callem and see if they are hireing. You never know!

They use to work on the Monee uplink for WGN. They also built WGN's new uplink at there studio's on Bradley place. Last I heard they work on all the tv stations in Chicago.

Wow, thats a great find goaliebob99, and with that H to H mount you will have precision Satellite Tuning. Good Luck on getting it.

Yep he's denfinatly and old guy so within 5 years I can have it :D He hasnt called me back, but I know where its at! Im going to give him a few days to sit on it. If he says I can have it I need to figure out a way of halling it. I wonder if a 17 or a 24 inch uhall would be big enough to fit it in with out having to take it apart. I would like to just take it off, put it in the truck, drive it to my house, carry it out of the truck and put it on the pole, and point to amc3, hook up acutuators, lock it down and then im good to go! Rust on it worrys me a bit too..

Yep he's denfinatly and old guy so within 5 years I can have it :D He hasnt called me back, but I know where its at! Im going to give him a few days to sit on it. If he says I can have it I need to figure out a way of halling it. I wonder if a 17 or a 24 inch uhall would be big enough to fit it in with out having to take it apart. I would like to just take it off, put it in the truck, drive it to my house, carry it out of the truck and put it on the pole, and point to amc3, hook up acutuators, lock it down and then im good to go! Rust on it worrys me a bit too..

Goaliebob99 took a 12 Ft Mesh dish apart 2.5 years ago, Hauled it across town on a small car tied to the roof on a canoe mount, then reassembled it in my yard on a concrete / readycrete tripod 52 inches deep for each leg.

Your dish find looks like the 7.5 ft Unimesh I got for free last spring - it was only 3 blocks away, my neighbour and I took it apart and hauled it to my garage on a wagon. Took us about 3 hours and 4 trips to take apart the 7.5 Ft Dish and haul it away. When I explained we were doing the guy a favour by taking it off his hands he hesitated then said yeah take it away - I haven't used it for over 10 years!! That Dish is still sitting in 2 pieces in my Garage but I got a real good Patent Infringing Feedhorn (re Linuxman) out of the salvage which I'm using on my 12 Footer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)