Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I have a prospect on a free bud not sure the size I think it will be a mesh what tools will be needed to dismantle it pictures to follow after I see it

Mesh dish disassembly just needs a few wrenches. If the dish is close to the ground you can remove the actuator (assuming it has one) and carefully guide the dish down to one side. Cut the cable. There may be 4 to 8 small bolts holding the reflector to the mount, you can remove the nuts. It is useful to have help to pull the bolts and gently guide the reflector down to the ground. You have to decide if you're going to take the reflector home in one piece, or disassemble it further. I've done it both ways.

Others maybe have a different procedure. I'd like to hear their critique. If the dish is way up high on a pole, the you need guidance from someone other than from a hack like me.

Mesh dish disassembly just needs a few wrenches. If the dish is close to the ground you can remove the actuator (assuming it has one) and carefully guide the dish down to one side. Cut the cable. There may be 4 to 8 small bolts holding the reflector to the mount, you can remove the nuts. It is useful to have help to pull the bolts and gently guide the reflector down to the ground. You have to decide if you're going to take the reflector home in one piece, or disassemble it further. I've done it both ways.

Others maybe have a different procedure. I'd like to hear their critique. If the dish is way up high on a pole, the you need guidance from someone other than from a hack like me.

All guidance and advice is accepted and sought after

Hard to say without seeing it. Last one I just threw the big toolbox into the back of the truck so I had all my tools. Wrenches, hammer, pliers, cutters, vice grips, anything you think you need you should take. Anything you think its a million in one chance you need it, better bring it also.

A ladder is also necessary to get the higher stuff. WD40, bee spray, anything you can think of.

I also removed his mounting pole so I brought a hand grinder, extra discs, 100ft drop cord, shovel, gloves, etc.

If you have sockets and a breaker bar, wouldnt hurt.

I also had the entire thing apart, panels and all. Completely disassembled it down to the base and fit it all in a back of a ranger pickup. Was a 7.5ft dish

Hard to say without seeing it. Last one I just threw the big toolbox into the back of the truck so I had all my tools. Wrenches, hammer, pliers, cutters, vice grips, anything you think you need you should take. Anything you think its a million in one chance you need it, better bring it also.

A ladder is also necessary to get the higher stuff. WD40, bee spray, anything you can think of.

I also removed his mounting pole so I brought a hand grinder, extra discs, 100ft drop cord, shovel, gloves, etc.

If you have sockets and a breaker bar, wouldnt hurt.

I also had the entire thing apart, panels and all. Completely disassembled it down to the base and fit it all in a back of a ranger pickup. Was a 7.5ft dish

What he said....

Minus the take the whole thing apart. Bring it all. Also depends on how far you're hauling it. I took a ten ft down in one piece by cutting the coax off, and loosing the six bolts with a crescent wrench. Took ten minutes. Then took thirty minutes or more to tie it all down on a trailer.

Let the fun begin!

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well, I'll answer you here anyway. A measuring tape is handy to determine size, I once showed up to take down what I thought was a 10' mesh but when I got to the dish it was 7.5'.

Now a 7.5' is not a bad dish as a free starter, install a pole at least 4.5' feet minimum above ground and you can handle a 10' dish one day, if you don't mind mowing around such a low to the ground dish. My pole is I think 6.5' feet tall, could handle a 12' dish one day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)