Found an 811!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bpasker8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2003
I finally found a retailer in OH that'll ship the 811 to me in Iowa for the same price that I origionally signed up with dish for, the only problem is he doesn't have an installer in my area that will install it for free for me. He said he can send a satellite finder with it so I can install it myself but I'm not sure if this is the avenue I want to take. Does anyone know how difficult this is and the process I'd have to go through? I'm assuming I'd have to mount the dish on my home, run the cable into my home and then hook the cable up to my receivers and then into my TV? Anymore than that?

bpasker8 said:
I finally found a retailer in OH that'll ship the 811 to me in Iowa for the same price that I origionally signed up with dish for, the only problem is he doesn't have an installer in my area that will install it for free for me. He said he can send a satellite finder with it so I can install it myself but I'm not sure if this is the avenue I want to take. Does anyone know how difficult this is and the process I'd have to go through? I'm assuming I'd have to mount the dish on my home, run the cable into my home and then hook the cable up to my receivers and then into my TV? Anymore than that?

You better double check with that retailer. If he didn't originally sell you your system, he will not be reimbursed for the discount on the receiver. His cost is almost a couple hundred bucks more than the promo price. He might try to come back to you later for the difference.

Note the following excerpt from the 811 Receiver Upgrade Offers for Existing Customers:
Retailer Eligibility: Retailers may only provide an 811 Upgrade to their original customers. This is especially important in this promotional offer which has no activation date restrictions. Customer equipment must have been invoiced to the retailer at the time the retailer originally installed the equipment to qualify the retailer as eligible to perform the Upgrade. Retailers who provide an Upgrade for a customer originally installed by a different retailer will not be eligible to receive equipment discount and incentive payments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts