Found DirecTV Slimline dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
So I am driving to work this morning and what do I see 4 houses down the road....

A DirecTV Slimline dish sitting by the curb. I'm thinking to myself that he couldn't possibly be throwing it way. I drive around the block and stop at his house and ring the door bell. The guy comes out and I ask if I can have the dish. He says go ahead as he switched to Dish Network. He says if he ever wants to come back to DirecTV they will just give him another dish.

I was like sweet, put it my pickup and went to work.

Not a bad way to start the day. To bad it isn't SWM but, oh well, free is free.

The dish had the 5LNB 4 output on it.

I have a DirecTV AT-9 5-LNB "Sidecar" dish at a vacation property that I plan to upgrade.

I found a SWM5 LNB, PI, and 8 way splitter on eBay for $50 shipped that I am thinking about. No rush as I don't know when I will be going up there next.

very cool :)

My neighbor has the same dish so if I wanted to upgrade to HD I'll just tap into his since he doesnt have D* anymore :)

I just can't belive someone would pitch something like this to the curb without checking ebay first to see about making some money. I guess one mans junk, is another mans treasure.

I guess all I need to decide now is what to do with the old dish. It is a relic ;)

I just can't belive someone would pitch something like this to the curb without checking ebay first to see about making some money. I guess one mans junk, is another mans treasure.

I guess all I need to decide now is what to do with the old dish. It is a relic ;)

What to do with the old dish ?
Put it out to the curb ..... never know someone may want it.
If nothing else, a scrapper will take it :)

The dish had the 5LNB 4 output on it.

I have a DirecTV AT-9 5-LNB "Sidecar" dish at a vacation property that I plan to upgrade.

I "upgraded" from the newer slimline to the older AT9 dish. As the AT9 is slightly larger (roughly 21 sq inches larger), I now get a better signal on 99 and 103 in my ugh.... slightly northern location. Someone once said bigger is better when it comes to satellite dishes.

I still have to figure out why my 99 and 103 are stronger in the evening than they are during the day but that is another issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)