Found new dish over the weekend

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phoxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
The Land Of Corn!
Discovered a 9' fiberglass dish that was 20 years old, but was never installed, and reflector is like new, as is tripod. The polar mount is rusty but can be cleaned up. Also missing parts (top mounting bracket). I'm going to have to fabricate them. Won't be too bad, already know what they look like. The pictures are of the same model dish, and what it looks like after 20 years in the weather. This looks like a good Spring project for me.

Attachments

• Satellite Dish 003.JPG
    Satellite Dish 003.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 249
  • Satellite Dish 004.JPG
    Satellite Dish 004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 225
  • Satellite Dish 005.JPG
    Satellite Dish 005.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 225
  • Satellite Dish 009.JPG
    Satellite Dish 009.JPG
    948.7 KB · Views: 207
another Beachcraft

Here are pix of another Beachcraft dish.
Unfortunately, it was never put back into service, so we'll be happy to hear how yours works out.

Attachments

• dscf1486ij8.jpg
    dscf1486ij8.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 148
  • dscf1485em6.jpg
    dscf1485em6.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 151
I got rid of a 6.5 foot ring mount a few years ago. It did not do well on Ku and still today I wish I had it...was pretty good for C band...and great for testing....even on Ku....just Ku was a little weaker than it should've been.

Nice find...I might pay a little more attention to those fiberglass ones from now on.

I finally got around to setting up the Beachcraft dish today, but don't know how to set the declination. I assume it is done with the top bracket that connects the dish to the mount. That was one of the missing pieces I had to make. I thought I made the bracket correctly, but now I'm not so sure. Does anyone have any info on the bracket, like installation instructions that show how to set the declination. I know there are three holes on the mounting bracket welded to the ring of the reflector.I've used the center hole. dish 001.JPGdish 003.JPGdish 005.JPGThe dish works fine on my southern most sat (G17) and I can get it to work on AMC3, just barely. I'm sure I have found south and the dish angle is 49-degrees, measured on the arm that holds the actuator. What am I missing here?? Any help is appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts