Fox 5 logo bug on WWOR...logo bug glitch or wrong station uplinked accidentally?

johnissoevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Erie, PA
Just surfed through the channels, and when I came to channel 238, instead of the usual My9 logo in the lower right hand corner, sister station WNYW's Fox 5 logo was there. Checked channel 8105, WWOR's other spot, and same thing. Glitch on the station's part? Or did someone accidentally uplink 5 instead of 9?

On WA it says My9 ch238, On EA also says My9 on 238 and 6307 (HD) for me.

well they are both Fox Owned and Operated stations which means the company mistakenly put the wrong logo on the station. i'm sure it happens when a TV station has a sister station and run both in the same building and accidently put the wrong logo on the wrong station. i'm surprise it didn't happen to KDFI My27 here in Dallas where they would accidently use the logo of KDFW Fox 4. or KTVT CBS 11's logo being used on KTXA 21.

I did find out that it was indeed My9 using the Fox 5 logo bug mistakenly. I know of the two stations being sister stations since 2001. Both stations still have separate studios, 5 in upper Manhattan, 9 in Secaucus, NJ, due to 9's 1983 agreement to serve New Jersey.

I did find out that it was indeed My9 using the Fox 5 logo bug mistakenly. I know of the two stations being sister stations since 2001. Both stations still have separate studios, 5 in upper Manhattan, 9 in Secaucus, NJ, due to 9's 1983 agreement to serve New Jersey.
channel 9 left NJ years ago they have a pressence..but the master control etc is long gone

Here in Indianapolis LIN TV WISH-TV is the master control for several stations. I have seen them mistakenly run WANE-TV Fort Wayne or WDTN Dayton. It usually does not last long as someone figures it out and the signal instantly flip to what they should be. One time I can remember seeing about 5 minutes of the Fort Wayne News before it was fixed. I can remember years ago before satellite WISH-TV used longlines and for about 5 days in a row played some of WCBS local shows in the afternoons when they would miss their tone que.

Last edited:
Just surfed through the channels, and when I came to channel 238, instead of the usual My9 logo in the lower right hand corner, sister station WNYW's Fox 5 logo was there. Checked channel 8105, WWOR's other spot, and same thing. Glitch on the station's part? Or did someone accidentally uplink 5 instead of 9?

No...FOX 5 (WNYW) has a partnership with My9( WWOR) News programming is produced by FOX 5 using FOX 5's talent.
Same case here. FOX 18 Charlotte( NC) has their news cast and also produces a news cast for a tv station in Columbia, SC. Again, using the Fox 18's on camera talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts