Fox Business Channel Ch 359

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
I heard that Fox Business Channel will be on ch 359 on Directv starting Oct 15. It will be in SD and HD.

I wonder what "tv innovation" the channel will bring. Fox News brought us all the scroll at the bottom 24/7, Fox Sports with the score displayed all the time. I wonder if they have some new in-store for the Business Channel. You just know they'll have some kind of gimmick.

but i doubt it will launch in hd on the 15th as wednesdays have been launch date....maybe the 17th?

but i doubt it will launch in hd on the 15th as wednesdays have been launch date....maybe the 17th?

Dont forget that Fox is still the controlling shareholder in Directv. I doubt they will delay the HD version by two days - more likely is that we will get a test pattern on Weds 10th.

I wonder what "tv innovation" the channel will bring. Fox News brought us all the scroll at the bottom 24/7, Fox Sports with the score displayed all the time. I wonder if they have some new in-store for the Business Channel. You just know they'll have some kind of gimmick.

Not to split hairs, but didn't CNN introduce the crawl? I seem to remember the crawl as far back as Gulf War I, and I don't recall Fox News being on the air back then...but I could be wrong. I try to avoid FNC whenever possible. I hate being told I am wrong in my perception of world/politcal events :p

Not to split hairs, but didn't CNN introduce the crawl? I seem to remember the crawl as far back as Gulf War I, and I don't recall Fox News being on the air back then...but I could be wrong. I try to avoid FNC whenever possible. I hate being told I am wrong in my perception of world/politcal events :p

...and i avoid the "lefties" at cnn and nbc news as i try to avoid people who dont like ann coulters #1 book "if the democrats had any brains theyd be republicans"....:D

Can't wait for Fox Business Channel

With the addition of the Fox Business Channel, I will be able to break my viewing association with NBC and it's leftist affiliate channels entirely. CNBC used to be somewhat immune to the bias, but lately it has been creeping even into that channel. For example, I've noticed several references by that early morning lib weather girl Jackie to anthropogenic global warming (as if it were a foregone conclusion.) I can tell that Joe Kernan absolutely hates that BS. It will be interesting to see how many CNBC on-air personalities eventually bail. I only hope Fox has more sense than to get of on boring banter about NY sports teams like those CNBC clowns. New Yorkers seem to think the rest of us give a rat's patooey about their teams. They need to get over themselves.

...and i avoid the "lefties" at cnn and nbc news as i try to avoid people who dont like ann coulters #1 book "if the democrats had any brains theyd be republicans"....:D

I'm not a fan of cnn either. however, I respect people choice where thet get there news cnn was the first all news network and people grew up watching it. People are use to the media telling them how to think and who to vote for. fox news is different in the fact they dont spin in favor of the democrats like cnn does. When I watch the news I just want the facts not someone telling me how to think. Back on topic if Fox Business launches it will most likely be on a wenesday and if that is the case that means on the 10th or 17th.

from tvpredictions.com:

Washington, D.C. (October 8, 2007) -- Fox Business Network will launch both a SD and HD channel on October 15. And network officials say the high-def channel will offer real high-def images.

That will be in contrast to business channel rival CNBC which plans to launch a new 'high-def' channel later this year called CNBC HD+.

The CNBC HD+ channel will actually display a standard-def, 4:3 image on the left side of the screen and fill the HD widescreen with graphics on the right.

According to Broadcasting & Cable magazine, Fox Business Network will be produced and transmitted in the 720p format, providing real high-def pictures.

DIRECTV has agreed to carry the high-def version at launch.

from tvpredictions.com:

Washington, D.C. (October 8, 2007) -- Fox Business Network will launch both a SD and HD channel on October 15. And network officials say the high-def channel will offer real high-def images.

That will be in contrast to business channel rival CNBC which plans to launch a new 'high-def' channel later this year called CNBC HD+.

The CNBC HD+ channel will actually display a standard-def, 4:3 image on the left side of the screen and fill the HD widescreen with graphics on the right.

According to Broadcasting & Cable magazine, Fox Business Network will be produced and transmitted in the 720p format, providing real high-def pictures.

DIRECTV has agreed to carry the high-def version at launch.

yawn, another swanni article. i'll believe it when i see it!

FBC is going to have a hard time catching CNBC in the ratings, at least for the time being, since they will initially have only about half as many affiliates as CNBC has. And on many of the cable systems that will carry them, they will be on the digital tier whereas CNBC is on the basic tier, which of course usually has a lot more subscribers on most cable systems.

We will be able to get it from the get go on D*, but at their website I saw no mention of Dish Network, so I'm not sure if they will be available there or not.

here we go,,, let the record show it was started by a liberal.... as usual

for the record, I am neither liberal nor conservative. I vote my conscience on all matters at all levels of government. The worst thing in the world is a "straight ticket" button/lever on any polling machine. People should be made to make some effort at choosing their elected officials, doggonit.

As for FBC, is this channel replacing FNC with a renamed channel, or will there still be FNC and now an additional Fox channel jsut for business? I saw one of their HD promos this weekend, and it appeared that they were replacing Fox News with Fox Business. Seems like they would want both, or maybe I misunderstood to promo.

Anyway, sorry for infusing politics...I am generally a sarcastic person, so what I say should be taken with several grains of salt ;) :)

for the record, I am neither liberal nor conservative. I vote my conscience on all matters at all levels of government. The worst thing in the world is a "straight ticket" button/lever on any polling machine. People should be made to make some effort at choosing their elected officials, doggonit.

As for FBC, is this channel replacing FNC with a renamed channel, or will there still be FNC and now an additional Fox channel jsut for business? I saw one of their HD promos this weekend, and it appeared that they were replacing Fox News with Fox Business. Seems like they would want both, or maybe I misunderstood to promo.

Anyway, sorry for infusing politics...I am generally a sarcastic person, so what I say should be taken with several grains of salt ;) :)

Fox Business Channel is in addition to the current Fox News Channel.

FBC is going to have a hard time catching CNBC in the ratings, at least for the time being, since they will initially have only about half as many affiliates as CNBC has. And on many of the cable systems that will carry them, they will be on the digital tier whereas CNBC is on the basic tier, which of course usually has a lot more subscribers on most cable systems.

We will be able to get it from the get go on D*, but at their website I saw no mention of Dish Network, so I'm not sure if they will be available there or not.

I disagree. I think that this is the end for CNBC and MSNBC as well. The are already nitch channels and now they are going to be as irrelevent as the Game Show Network. FBC is going to be the big guy on the block because they have Fox News to advertise for them. Without even knowing the line up, just having Cavuto is going to give them and instant star.

The problem I have with Covuto is that unless you make over $100k a year, he wants nothing to do with you. Definitely NOT the everyman!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)