Fox Business Channel Ch 359

Status
Please reply by conversation.
atp1313 said:
I saw one of their HD promos this weekend, and it appeared that they were replacing Fox News with Fox Business.

All the business shows from Fox News, i.e. Cavuto, etc., are moving to Fox Business. All other shows are unaffected.

The problem I have with Covuto is that unless you make over $100k a year, he wants nothing to do with you. Definitely NOT the everyman!

You know him personally, I presume? A Nurse in NY can make $100K a year.

Or are you talking about the people he interviews? Do you expect him to interview Joe of Joe's Plumbing when he could be interviewing Warren Buffett? No offense to Joe (I'm a small business owner too), but I don't need his analysis on macro-economic issues.

Neil seems to be a great guy (his book was amazing) who has gone through terrible personal struggles* and looks destined to come out on top of the financial news world.

* "Cavuto has suffered health problems, saying, "I don't hide that I have had a tough life in many respects. I fought back a near-life-ending cancer, only to end up with multiple sclerosis years later. Doctors have since told me that the odds of contracting both diseases in the same life are something like two million to one! Yet here I am, marching on, continuing to do my job when doctors who've examined my scans and MRIs tell me I shouldn't be walking or talking."

You know him personally, I presume? A Nurse in NY can make $100K a year.

I guess since you are so close to him you must know then eh? All I'm saying is that from what I have seen and heard from him over the years he is pro-rich. Any attempt to harm the position of well-off people is met with utter disdain and downright anger on his part.

He has overcome sickness, my hats off to him as I wish him no ill will. But, I will not tune in to a show hosted by him, I am not rich and as such are worthless in his eyes. That's the impression he gives me, and others, believe me I asked around.

Not to split hairs, but didn't CNN introduce the crawl? I seem to remember the crawl as far back as Gulf War I, and I don't recall Fox News being on the air back then...but I could be wrong. I try to avoid FNC whenever possible. I hate being told I am wrong in my perception of world/politcal events :p

You are correct. CNN introduced it.

FBC is going to have a hard time catching CNBC in the ratings, at least for the time being, since they will initially have only about half as many affiliates as CNBC has. And on many of the cable systems that will carry them, they will be on the digital tier whereas CNBC is on the basic tier, which of course usually has a lot more subscribers on most cable systems.

Care to bet on that? It won't take them much time. Just look what FOX News Channel did to MSNBC. The latter is virtually nonexistent now, having been blown out of the water by the former.

I guess since you are so close to him you must know then eh? All I'm saying is that from what I have seen and heard from him over the years he is pro-rich. Any attempt to harm the position of well-off people is met with utter disdain and downright anger on his part.

Is here something wrong with being "pro-rich" as you call it? I myself am personally struggling to survive, but I'm all for people being able to earn (and keep) as much as they can. You strike me as being the type who believes wealth is a zero sum game; that is, when someone gets rich, that must mean someone else gets poor. It doesn't work that way, nor should it. Instead of trying to bring down those who are rich, why don't we try and bring up those who are poor?

I am a progressive/liberal who makes Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid look like Republicans. I am pro-American and pro-choice, meaning the more choices people have, the better off we are. To me, FBC is yet another choice. I look forward to it, especially it being in HDTV. People should encourage competition, not herald media outlets biting the dust.

And, while I'd like to say something political, this isn't the place. I have plenty of choices where I can go. I love this site for all the people on it who have given me plenty of information over the years. I'm a huge lurker. But just one thing, for the person cheering Ann's book as a best seller. You do know why that is? And, Liberals do the same thing so this is apolitical. Conservative groups buy it buy the book in bulk to prop up sales figures and then resell for a buck or even a penny. Don't believe me? Just go to Amazon, Ebay or conservative book club dot com. And, if I were in her position, I'd be just as happy about this practice as she is.:)

He has overcome sickness, my hats off to him as I wish him no ill will. But, I will not tune in to a show hosted by him, I am not rich and as such are worthless in his eyes. That's the impression he gives me, and others, believe me I asked around.

That may well be, but he must be useful to quite a few people whether he is useful to you or not since he regularly wins his time slot, with the other cable news networks far behind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)