Fox Corp. Warns Viewers Of Its Networks About Potential DirecTV Blackout

note that from the article "Fox News Channel is not part of this renewal, but the Fox broadcast network, FS1, FS2, the Big Ten Network and local Fox affiliates are all facing a reup."

Also the local FOX affiliates are the O&O

Reactions: c-spand and AZ.
If it happens, it happens. All of this is available to stream, and while not all of us have a friend or close relative with a different provider, many do. I'll just leave it at that.

Reactions: Mr Tony
if the channels are dropped --and never come back -so what --the saving will never be passed onto the customers as our bill will remain the same.

Reactions: reddice
If it happens, it happens. All of this is available to stream, and while not all of us have a friend or close relative with a different provider, many do. I'll just leave it at that.
Unless Streaming is part of the dispute contract.

Update:

An impasse between Fox and DirecTV would not just impact the 13 million customers who continue to pay for satellite television: It would also affect hundreds of thousands of customers who pay for DirecTV Stream, the streaming TV alternative operated by the company.

In addition to Fox’s cable channels, a carriage dispute would also require DirecTV and DirecTV Stream to pull Fox-owned stations in several major markets, including:

• KCPQ (Channel 13, Seattle/Tacoma)
  • KDFW (Channel 4, Dallas)
  • KMSP (Channel 9, Minneapolis)
  • KRIV (Channel 26, Houston)
  • KSAZ (Channel 10, Phoenix)
  • KTBC (Channel 7, Austin)
  • KTTV (Channel 11, Los Angeles)
  • KTVU (Channel 2, San Francisco/Oakland)
  • WAGA (Channel 5, Atlanta)
  • WFLD (Channel 32, Chicago)
  • WJBK (Channel 2, Detroit)
  • WITI (Channel 6, Milwaukee)
  • WNYW (Channel 5, New York City)
  • WOFL (Channel 35, Orlando)
  • WTTG (Channel 5, Washington, D.C.)
  • WTVT (Channel 13, Tampa/St. Petersburg)
  • WTXF (Channel 29, Philadelphia)
I'm not sure what other Fox affiliates might also be affected.

This Will interrupt the NFL games if it does happen.

Last edited:
Man, I'm so old, I remember when disputes involved a couple channels. Now days, you get a single provider dispute and 1/4 of your channels can evaporate into the ether.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon

Update:

An impasse between Fox and DirecTV would not just impact the 13 million customers who continue to pay for satellite television: It would also affect hundreds of thousands of customers who pay for DirecTV Stream, the streaming TV alternative operated by the company.
Well, we now have an idea how well DirecTV Stream is doing, not good at all compared to YTTV ( 5 Million since they gained a million from 2021 to 2022) and Hulu Live ( over 4 Million).

Man, I'm so old, I remember when disputes involved a couple channels. Now days, you get a single provider dispute and 1/4 of your channels can evaporate into the ether.
Yep because we allow corporate merges on steroids, and we end getting screwed.

Update:

In addition to Fox’s cable channels, a carriage dispute would also require DirecTV and DirecTV Stream to pull Fox-owned stations in several major markets, including:

• KCPQ (Channel 13, Seattle/Tacoma)
  • KDFW (Channel 4, Dallas)
  • KMSP (Channel 9, Minneapolis)
  • KRIV (Channel 26, Houston)
  • KSAZ (Channel 10, Phoenix)
  • KTBC (Channel 7, Austin)
  • KTTV (Channel 11, Los Angeles)
  • KTVU (Channel 2, San Francisco/Oakland)
  • WAGA (Channel 5, Atlanta)
  • WFLD (Channel 32, Chicago)
  • WJBK (Channel 2, Detroit)
  • WITI (Channel 6, Milwaukee)
  • WNYW (Channel 5, New York City)
  • WOFL (Channel 35, Orlando)
  • WTTG (Channel 5, Washington, D.C.)
  • WTVT (Channel 13, Tampa/St. Petersburg)
  • WTXF (Channel 29, Philadelphia)
I'm not sure what other Fox affiliates might also be affected.

This Will interrupt the NFL games if it does happen.
There are some duopolies in those markets so as example WFTC My (Fox9+) in Minneapolis would be dropped too.

Full list (there are some translators listed too but its the main stations)

Scaring Fox News viewers, who aren't affected by this contract dispute, is dirty tactics.
As a Dish customer I always liked they fought for fair rates. I felt we never were hinted to a possible shut off and wish we had to prepare for it. I do see how it can be a fear tactic. And you bet everyone is watching this outcome and reactions to determine how they bargain with contracts in the future!

The deal does NOT affect Fox News, or its companion Fox Business, which are covered under a different contract. Nor does it affect Fox produced games in NFLST, although the game on a local Fox station is always blacked out on ST.

It affects:

FS1, FS2, Fox Deportes (Spanish), Big 10 Network, and various Fox Soccer channels. (The FX and FXX channels were sold to Disney, not affected). It also ONLY affects local Fox stations, and in some cases also MY Network, affiliates in the big cites where the stations are O&O, which is Phoenix, LA, SF, Washington, Orlando, Ocala, Tampa, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Twin Cities, NYC, Philly, Austin, DFW, Houston, and Milwaukee. If you get Fox from another city, this does not apply to you.

Reactions: AZ.

Update:

no different than when Dish and Disney were in their latest dispute. Sling customers lost Disney owned networks too (for that one day)

when does Fox News' contract ends since it's seem they have a separate deal then the rest of the networks/O&O stations that Fox owns

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk