FOX Dispute?

I had it and liked it but had to get rid of it. They only let you watch in one zip code. You can change the zip code but only 4 times a year.

to clarify this a little, this applies to streaming boxes , and not mobile devices.

you can have someone watching at home, and you be across the country watching on your phone or table t.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I know solidarity doesn’t work in this social climate anymore, but it would be real neat if everybody locked into dish’s contract dropped the local package for a week, or simply dropped down one tier level, just to hurt dish’s numbers this quarter. It would kind of put a wrench in their strategy of maximizing profits while the network is in dispute. But like I said, everyone is digging in, and this board particularly seems to be on dish’s side, despite them technically stealing your money.

I know solidarity doesn’t work in this social climate anymore, but it would be real neat if everybody locked into dish’s contract dropped the local package for a week, or simply dropped down one tier level, just to hurt dish’s numbers this quarter. It would kind of put a wrench in their strategy of maximizing profits while the network is in dispute. But like I said, everyone is digging in, and this board particularly seems to be on dish’s side, despite them technically stealing your money.
Dropping a tier wouldn't hurt Dish's numbers. They still have a built in profit margin for each tier. But it would hurt the revenue for the channel owners who have channels in the higher tier, so that's a plus.

Reactions: pattykay
This is an interesting situation. My local CBS and Fox stations operate out of the same location, use the same news/weather personnel, share the same bathrooms, etc. I would assume they are owned by the same company. The Fox station has banners bitching about how DISH has dropped their programming. The CBS station has banners warning about DirectTV's plans to drop them this week.

I got into a contract dispute one time. She dropped me, I've been happily single ever since.

As I understand it, Dish only pays the broadcaster for those people SUBSCRIBED to the local. So if you drop the locals, then Dish doesn't have to pay the broadcaster. It's debatable whether Dish makes money off the locals or not.

This is an interesting situation. My local CBS and Fox stations operate out of the same location, use the same news/weather personnel, share the same bathrooms, etc. I would assume they are owned by the same company. The Fox station has banners bitching about how DISH has dropped their programming. The CBS station has banners warning about DirectTV's plans to drop them this week.
Not necessarily. Gray owns our CBS. Sinclair owns our FOX. The FOX newscasts are produced out of the CBS studios using all the same talent (except for the main anchors).

Drop the service completely!

As long as your still a subscriber they don’t care.

Players hold out because their team doesn't have to live up to any players contracts. They can cut and drop a player anytime for any reason.

So it doesn't work both ways. Now if a team had to honor a players contract I would agree.
While that sounds good, the point of a contract is you're trading a locked in time-period for a discounted service. There is risk involved in doing so, but you are informed of that risk and penalty for breaking the contract prematurely. If you can't tolerate that risk, then don't get into the contract.

That's one of the biggest beefs I have with player sports contracts. Players shouldn't be able to hold out if they haven't fulfilled their contract and both parties haven't agreed to nullify the contract.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Players hold out because their team doesn't have to live up to any players contracts. They can cut and drop a player anytime for any reason.

So it doesn't work both ways. Now if a team had to honor a players contract I would agree.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!
The bolded would depend on the terms of the contract, wouldn't it? So the players are actually agreeing to that.

I decided to try out YouTube TV trail so I can watch the NHRA drag race tomorrow on FS1. I am having trouble setting a timer for it. I got YouTube TV working thru their app in my LG TV. Went to FS1 channel and scrolled ahead but couldn't get any further than 2 AM in the morning. I need to get to 1 PM CST tomorrow and set a timer so it will go to the YouTube cloud. Is there a way to set a future timer?

Dish has been promoting dropping the locals ever since they broke them out as a separate package. They'll even come install an OTA antenna for you, and they've added the Locast locals streaming app to the Hoppers for those in covered areas.

I know solidarity doesn’t work in this social climate anymore, but it would be real neat if everybody locked into dish’s contract dropped the local package for a week, or simply dropped down one tier level, just to hurt dish’s numbers this quarter.
So, what are Welcome Pack subscribers supposed to do?

As I understand it, Dish only pays the broadcaster for those people SUBSCRIBED to the local. So if you drop the locals, then Dish doesn't have to pay the broadcaster.
So, why does Dish keep insisting on keeping the locals force-bundled into Welcome Pack, instead of giving us the option to drop the locals?
Dish has been promoting dropping the locals ever since they broke them out as a separate package. They'll even come install an OTA antenna for you, and they've added the Locast locals streaming app to the Hoppers for those in covered areas.
Same question as above.

So, what are Welcome Pack subscribers supposed to do?

So, why does Dish keep insisting on keeping the locals force-bundled into Welcome Pack, instead of giving us the option to drop the locals?
Because the marketing folks have determined that's best channel mix to include in an introductory low cost package aimed at new subscribers. Don't want the locals? Try a different package. The Flex pack or Smart pack come to mind...

Because the marketing folks have determined that's best channel mix to include in an introductory low cost package aimed at new subscribers. Don't want the locals? Try a different package. The Flex pack or Smart pack come to mind...
Yep, drop the locals, but instead of saving any money, you raise your Dish bill instead. (Having said that, I actually have tried those packages in the past.)

Yep, drop the locals, but instead of saving any money, you raise your Dish bill instead. (Having said that, I actually have tried those packages in the past.)
So save the money and ignore the locals. Do really think Dish would nearly cut the Welcome Package price in half if they dropped the locals from it? It seems pretty clear to me that the Welcome Pack was intended as a loss leader package to introduce new subscribers to the service in hopes that they would upgrade later on.

I decided to try out YouTube TV trail so I can watch the NHRA drag race tomorrow on FS1. I am having trouble setting a timer for it. I got YouTube TV working thru their app in my LG TV. Went to FS1 channel and scrolled ahead but couldn't get any further than 2 AM in the morning. I need to get to 1 PM CST tomorrow and set a timer so it will go to the YouTube cloud. Is there a way to set a future timer?

When in the grid guide, arrow to the left to highlight the channel name. You’ll see about 24 hours of programming. Outside of that, you can search for programs about 2 weeks out using the search function. Click on the “+ add to library” and it’ll be added when it records.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)