FOX Dispute?

Call
I get there is a dispute. Once again though we pay 100% of our bills - and DISH does not have the channels. Got it. There's a dispute. But we absolutely deserve a credit on our bills. DISH is not paying Fox. DISH is not paying Sinclair for the FSN channels. But the bills have not gone down one cent.

Each one of us is entitled to a credit for all of this. So God Damn tired of DISH pocketing the money they save. We are all getting hosed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
The contract we all sign states no channels are guaranteed. They know there will be losses and factor that in.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Is there a FOX dispute? I am at work and I went to DishPromise.com to see if NBC Sports Chicago was resolved, and now I see FOX is all over the place with no FS1, FS2, Big10 Network. Or is this forthcoming?

We’re disappointed to see FOX put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channels from DISH’s lineup. FOX is demanding a double-digit percentage rate increase for continued carriage of its local channels. FOX is also attempting to “force bundle” it’s local channels with unrelated cable networks to get more money, and gain negotiating leverage.We are working to bring your channels back at a fair price. --Trisha R.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We’re disappointed to see FOX put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channels from DISH’s lineup. FOX is demanding a double-digit percentage rate increase for continued carriage of its local channels. FOX is also attempting to “force bundle” it’s local channels with unrelated cable networks to get more money, and gain negotiating leverage.We are working to bring your channels back at a fair price. --Trisha R.

Not our problem. Lobby Congress. Don't put your customer in the middle of your problems.

Reactions: tspangle
Why does Dish think it knows what a fair price is? The consumer knows what a fair price is , not Dish. Let the consumer know what the new price will be and poll us as to whether we will pay for it. That means Dish and the suppliers might need to stop bundling channels so the consumer can chose the channels they want to pay for.

Why does Dish think it knows what a fair price is? The consumer knows what a fair price is , not Dish. Let the consumer know what the new price will be and poll us as to whether we will pay for it. That means Dish and the suppliers might need to stop bundling channels so the consumer can chose the channels they want to pay for.
That would be great, but these contracts have non-disclosure clauses that prevent either party from publicizing the details.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Never lived in an area where we could get the local networks with options like YouTube TV, but we are moving to a larger city where that is an option. Just looked at YouTube TV, and they offer all of the locals including the subs like MeTV, all the sports channels, and all of the cable networks we watch (and a lot we don't) - 118 channels for $50. While my Dish package has more channels, so many of them are Spanish language, shopping, religious, etc. that are "filler" to us. Unlimited DVR space, 3 locations simultaneously, up to 6 user profiles, unlimited number of simultaneous recordings, no extra equipment (we have 3 Roku Ultras, on on each TV.) I'm not sure what the down side is. I had Directv from 1995 to about 2010, Dish since then, and I've been happy with Dish except for the non stop having to go without the channels we watch (in the past year we went over a month without NBC.)

Just musing but these blackouts are causing people like us to at least consider alternatives.

Does anyone have Hulu live TV? If so, how do you like it? Do you get the FS1 channel? Looks like the best choice I am seeing for my 4k Firestick.
I had it and liked it but had to get rid of it. They only let you watch in one zip code. You can change the zip code but only 4 times a year.

I get there is a dispute. Once again though we pay 100% of our bills - and DISH does not have the channels. Got it. There's a dispute. But we absolutely deserve a credit on our bills. DISH is not paying Fox. DISH is not paying Sinclair for the FSN channels. But the bills have not gone down one cent.

Each one of us is entitled to a credit for all of this. So tired of DISH pocketing the money they save. We are all getting hosed.
I totally agree about the FSN channels. That dispute has gone on long enough that Dish really should be looking into switching to regional pricing for their basic packages. That way, subscribers in areas without their RSN's on Dish get a discount, while those who still have their RSN's continue to pay. The alternative would be to just go ahead and drop the remaining RSN's as each contract expires, to make it easier to justify continuing to charge everyone the same rate nationwide.

As far as the Fox dispute, it just started yesterday, so it is a bit early to start expecting an automatic credit or any bill reduction because of this one. Those who take the time to complain loudly (and politely) enough may be able to get some kind of deal, though.

Reactions: Nate Bargmann
Well, perhaps if each individual consumer was negotiating separately with each programming content supplier, and cutting out the middle man (Dish) then we each would be able to get what we each consider to be a fair price. Unfortunately, that is not the way these negotiations, or this industry, works (yet, anyway).

Reactions: TheKrell
Its called putting up a OTA antenna...works great
Well, perhaps if each individual consumer was negotiating separately with each programming content supplier, and cutting out the middle man (Dish) then we each would be able to get what we each consider to be a fair price. Unfortunately, that is not the way these negotiations, or this industry, works (yet, anyway).

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Tricia, you are not understanding. DISH is making money off the channel takedown. Totally agree Fox is not being reasonable.

But Dish still collecting full payment from all of us, and Dish does not have to pay Fox .

I subscribe for 8 or 9 channels. That's it. You've pulled those off. I get it. But I also deserve bill credits.

I don't care what some fine language of a contract says. Its unethical to charge for something you are not delivering, period.

Get the channel back or give us credits. Simple. Do not want to? Then maybe I do not want to do business with Dish anymore. Two can play this game, or three can. Fox, Dish, and me.

I have no contract. My internet term with Comcast expires at end of October. Comcast is already offering me a heck of a deal to bundle it. I have resisted...but if you take my channels away and dont give me credit for them, then Dish can shove it. Not going to be treated like this.

Want to play the game? Then I can cancel.

Except for some like me, in my previous location, where an OTA just couldn't pick up the local networks due to distance and terrain.
Exactly! Where I am right now is a perfect example. I cannot even come close to getting a signal from Cleveland's FOX affiliate (WJW) OTA. Fortunately, that station is no longer owned by Fox, so it is not impacted by this dispute. My other Dish account has San Francisco locals, though, so I did lose KTVU. :(

Our local affiliate in San Francisco is off the air thanks to the Dish-Fox dispute. I pay for locals and we should get them all. I don't care whose fault it is, we should get what we pay for. Settle it DISH...how many more channels are you going to deprive us of (HBO)? We can't receive locals OTA because of distance. Perhaps the FCC should step in and settle all of these disputes, especially when it concerns locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)