FOX Dispute?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I were to redo anything about baseball I would move much of this lastest discussion to its own thread. Love baseball but that is not why I check this tread.
This thread jumped the shark as soon as the video of the umpire vomiting was posted. The Fox dispute is over, so what else are you expecting to find out from this thread? :confused: :coco :deadhorse

Don't get me started on the format of the MLB playoffs. I could see the play-your-way-in Wild Card round if it were a best-of-three round, but doing it as a one-game playoff? That should be reserved for when two teams are actually tied for a playoff spot. It does not seem fair that the second-place Wild Card team can win a single game and advance in the playoffs, no matter how many games they were trailing the first-place Wild Card team at the end of the regular season.

So, If I were re-doing the playoffs, I would have each round add two games to the series. Start with a best-of-three play-in Wild Card round, then best-of-five Division Series, best-of-seven League Championship Series, and (I know probably not a popular opinion) a best-of-nine World Series. If that sounds crazy, remember that if you go back far enough, the World Series actually was best-of-nine at one point. (I know that because one of the two times the Cleveland Indians won the World Series (in 1920) they won 5 games to 2.)
And the World Series was over by October 7th in the past. Do we really want them playing in 35 degree temperature just so we can extend the "Hamburger Helper" rounds of the playoff. The season is ridiculously long right now and adding more crap teams and unnecessary games doest help

And the World Series was over by October 7th in the past. Do we really want them playing in 35 degree temperature just so we can extend the "Hamburger Helper" rounds of the playoff. The season is ridiculously long right now and adding more crap teams and unnecessary games doest help
Well, I am sure the networks (Fox, or whoever else gets the TV rights in the future) would love it, since it would guarantee that the World Series would happen during November sweeps. Remember that the Super Bowl used to traditionally be in January, but then after the September 11 attacks, the NFL schedule was re-arranged, pushing the Super Bowl back to February. That happens to be another ratings sweeps period, so of course once the precedent was set, the Super Bowl has been scheduled then ever since. Daylight Saving Time is another example. For decades, candy manufacturers pushed to have Daylight Saving Time extended to November, so that the extra hour of daylight would stay in the evening for trick-or-treating, despite popular public opinion that Daylight Saving Time had been extended too long already. Guess what? Eventually, Daylight Saving Time was extended even further, and the candy manufacturers got their way. The bottom line is that if it is good for the bottom line, things can always be extended, or the schedule pushed back, if it suits the corporate need.

Well, I am sure the networks (Fox, or whoever else gets the TV rights in the future) would love it, since it would guarantee that the World Series would happen during November sweeps. Remember that the Super Bowl used to traditionally be in January, but then after the September 11 attacks, the NFL schedule was re-arranged, pushing the Super Bowl back to February. That happens to be another ratings sweeps period, so of course once the precedent was set, the Super Bowl has been scheduled then ever since. Daylight Saving Time is another example. For decades, candy manufacturers pushed to have Daylight Saving Time extended to November, so that the extra hour of daylight would stay in the evening for trick-or-treating, despite popular public opinion that Daylight Saving Time had been extended too long already. Guess what? Eventually, Daylight Saving Time was extended even further, and the candy manufacturers got their way. The bottom line is that if it is good for the bottom line, things can always be extended, or the schedule pushed back, if it suits the corporate need.
Doesnt mean it's right. The other poster advocating to extend the playoffs is trading quantity for quality and at 35 degrees, unplayability. Really bad idea

Reactions: pattykay
Doesnt mean it's right. The other poster advocating to extend the playoffs is trading quantity for quality and at 35 degrees, unplayability. Really bad idea
Every sport has its crybaby aspects. For Football, it's that the season needs to be short due to injuries. In Hockey, it's the fans need to see every team in the league play against their team (completely destroying the best of one conference playing the best of the other conference for the cup for the first time, mentality. Inter-conference play in all sports should be outlawed.). In Basketball, it's the players who sit on the court, rocking back and forth because they jammed their finger (NBA players specifically are the biggest babies of them all, and is why I prefer NCAA Mens and Womens, and WNBA over the NBA). And for Baseball, its the b*tching and moaning about playing in the cold and playing in the rain. My nine year old daughter's softball team plays in 40° weather in the Fall, with metal bats, and and practices in the rain. They cry way less than the MLB players and fans. It's cold. Deal with it. NFL players play in much more brutal conditions.

Reactions: pattykay
That is what retractable roofs on the stadiums are for. Of course, only the teams with a lot of money could afford that. ;)
If they put a retractable roof on Fenway Park or Wrigley Field, I'm going to start a riot. The last two of the great American Ballparks. Shame that they tore down the old Yankee Stadium. As much as its in my DNA to hate the team, the stadium should have remained.

Any word on how many subs were lost due to this dispute? Had to have been thousands. I would have in a flash if I didn’t have 11 months left on my contract. I still might when my contact is up because it gave me a chance to try a trial of YouTube tv and loved it!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Unless a subscriber correctly states why they're leaving, Dish would not have an accurate count anyway. If the subscriber thinks the process will be easier if they don't complain about a temporary outage, then they won't mention it. Any derived numbers from the totals will just be "guesstimates".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)