Fox HD Issue?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jskala

Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I am not sure if this is the right place to put this question but I hope it is. Yesterday 11/19/2008 I recorded Prison Break at 7pm EST on Fox in Cleveland Oh through directv's HD feed, and the picture was a little out of wack I have never seen this and didn't have an issue with other HD channels instead of the pciture filling up the screen or being in 4:3 it was in smaller windows in the center of my TV picture still seemed HD but no setting on my HR-21 or tv would correct. Did anyone else have this issue?

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this question but I hope it is. Yesterday 11/19/2008 I recorded Prison Break at 7pm EST on Fox in Cleveland Oh through directv's HD feed, and the picture was a little out of wack I have never seen this and didn't have an issue with other HD channels instead of the pciture filling up the screen or being in 4:3 it was in smaller windows in the center of my TV picture still seemed HD but no setting on my HR-21 or tv would correct. Did anyone else have this issue?
Is this still a problem, or did it correct itself? Things happen at the source from time to time.

The originating local forgot to flip a switch. What you were probably seeing is the 16:9 letter boxed within a 4:3 screen and thus it also had the pillar boxes.

It seemed to be ok for this weekends 24. it looks like just the 2 days last week they didn't as you say flip a switch, which I think is bogus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.