Fox-HD: NFL Football Game at 4pm EST

geez sean, you got some high standards. This is Fox's first HD weekend and they're starting it off by doing 6 HD games, plus they even have HD highlights during halftime shows...

This is their first weekend so it's probably the worst HD from Fox you'll see, it's bound to get better

LA studio is 480p still, I beleive. Cowboys/Vikes game is iffy, just like Skins game. Some shots look great, some iffy. I don't know if it's a mix of cameras or what. Maybe it's just Newscorp trying to confuse everyone as to what HD is really supposed to look like.

BFG said:
geez sean, you got some high standards. This is Fox's first HD weekend and they're starting it off by doing 6 HD games, plus they even have HD highlights during halftime shows...

This is their first weekend so it's probably the worst HD from Fox you'll see, it's bound to get better

They had plenty of time to do this. HD was not invented yesterday. News Corp has big $$$ so why not provide something watchable. Especially when they are braggin about having FoxHD with DD5.1. If I was a ST Subscriber, I would ask for refund as well because they promised HD games not substandard HD games. The below statement describes the PQ of this game:

"Very soft and the grass looks like it's alive there are so many MPEG blocks."

Problems from NYW?

Sean or other NYers. Are you having the SNR for NYW going from 22/23.x to 0 constantly???? I can't watch the game here becuase this keeps happening. I can't take it!!!!!

The Rickster

The audio dropouts are happening during the Giant game now...very difficult to watch. My picture looks great though. I didnt see the first game but this game looks really good to me.

I wish

I wish audio was the only thing dropping out. I cannot watch the game at all.

It keeps losing the signal overall. I get about 5 seconds of audio/video then the screen freezes and I get nothing for quite some time. Of course, this always happens at the beginning of a play then comes back in time for between plays (if I'm lucky).

The Rickster

Reboot?

Maybe it's worth trying a reboot? I have an off-air signal power of 70+ but the SNR is fluctuating wildly. It's wither high 22s or 23+ or 0.

The Rickster

Ok, I have to chime in , I looked at the game between R & TB and it did not look good at all . Now I am in Atlanta and I am getting the Falcons and SF 49's on Fox and it looks WOW this looks ABC and CBS worthy but the audio is dropping in and out like crazy

That's very true. Others are reporting that the 49's game is much much better. I think they showed highlights of it (unlike ESPN) and it was like night and day between the 49's and the Giant's game.

I watched tb/was and am now watching ny/phi. They both look incredible. I am using OTA in tampa. They do need to work on the audio.

Aarrgghh!!!!!

I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!! I just rebooted and still having the same problem. Figured I'd call Voom and see if they might have an idea. Nothing. They're scheduling a call for me. Doesn't do me any good right now!!!

Anyway, I'm trying to get them to give me a bigger dish. The CSR told me this area (NYC area) doesn't qualify for a bigger dish for rain fade problems. I asked if there were someone I could speak with about this since I get major problems anytime it rains more than a little. He put me on hold for a while and told me the tech who will come out this week would determine whether I need one or not.

I've got to say, if anything will drive me away from Voom it's this OTA problem. I don't watch the locals often but it seems, when I do, I have issues. I understand all of the issues aren't Voom's fault but I'm trying to watch the game and can't. Since I'm an Eagles fan I don't get to see them often here in North Jersey so I'd like to be able to watch this game!! At least they're winning from the little bit I can see that gets through!

So I'm a bit frustrated right now...

The Rickster

The PQ is looking better. Obviously something was done. Still the field cameras shows some MPEG blocks on the grass. But it is much better.

The Lions won, it could have been hand drawn with crayons and shown via flip book and I would not complain today :D

ESPN HD's Chiefs game looks worse than Fox did today. The grass looks terrible.

I still vote last years Sugar Bowl as the absolute best Football game I've ever seen on HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)