Fox HD on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is what our local FOX station just e-mailed me:

"It looks right now as if we'll have the equipment in place to start broadcasting in High-Def by early-mid October, but we'll have more specific info as the actual date gets closer."

I may be asking for a waiver to get the Directv fed FOX-HD.

Neutron said:

"It looks right now as if we'll have the equipment in place to start broadcasting in High-Def by early-mid October, but we'll have more specific info as the actual date gets closer."

Neutron,

You think we will have the FOX-HD feed before mid October?
D* doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to add this one, do they???

Neutron said:

I wished my local FOX would move a little faster (already got the "splicer?" from FOX, but they have to update their tower & power output) & say sometime next summer. :no

I really hope to have Fox-HD up before the next season of 24 starts. It would also be good very soon for football.

Off topic but what the heck happened with TNT-HD? anyone heard anything?

FOX-HD, this might have been covered....but since there are so many FOX stations, is there going to be several FOX-HD stations or just one. Theres FOX-SW etc.......so, when there is a football game, how do they decide which one they will broadcast (the local FOX station).

Barneypoo69 said:
FOX-HD, this might have been covered....but since there are so many FOX stations, is there going to be several FOX-HD stations or just one. Theres FOX-SW etc.......so, when there is a football game, how do they decide which one they will broadcast (the local FOX station).

are you confusing FOX with FSN ?

I just called Directv and had them submit waivers to all 4 major networks so that way when FOX-HD and ABC-HD hit I will be ready. I did it for NBC-HD. Even though I live in within 15 miles of the towers we live in an apartment (townhouse) and the direction to where the towers are have buildings and power lines in the way. I can't get a reliable signal at all on any OTA HD channel.

I was told that I was granted the waiver for CBS-HD earlier this month from a request I made last month so I guess my local CBS did get back with Directv on that one. I hope the other local stations grant it for me.

Since FOX here is taking their sweet time getting the HD hardware in place I hope they grant the waiver so when FOX-HD becomes available on Directv I can get that.

This might be a silly questions. My grandfathers lives in BFE (gets only Distant network feeds) if i use his address as my summer home, do you think i can set up a reciever through his address meaning i would get all the NBC/CBS/FOX and whatever else they add, or do you think they treds on the illegal grounds?

Technically if I pay the extra money to have the recieved listed there, i should be able to do it, but i want your guys opinions.

Thanks

pyrr said:
This might be a silly questions. My grandfathers lives in BFE (gets only Distant network feeds) if i use his address as my summer home, do you think i can set up a reciever through his address meaning i would get all the NBC/CBS/FOX and whatever else they add, or do you think they treds on the illegal grounds?

Technically if I pay the extra money to have the recieved listed there, i should be able to do it, but i want your guys opinions.

Thanks

If your grandfather has a motor home, I would try that route. Moble unit on the motor home. I think you have to send in a proof of vehicle registration. I've read where folks have gone this route.

If I am already in area which has O & O Fox and ABC stations, will the HD channels automatically become available on my tv or do I have to call to get them?

cotybroussard said:
If I am already in area which has O & O Fox and ABC stations, will the HD channels automatically become available on my tv or do I have to call to get them?

The feed you are eligible for should appear automatically.

cotybroussard said:

ONLY IF no other FOX non O&O station doesn't show up on the DirecTV qualification application. Go to http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressEntry.asp plug in your address and as long as no other station pops up, and you already have local channels, then you should get it. But if another station shows for FOX, either grade A or B, and they are not a FOX O&O, then you're going to need a waiver from that other station.

hold on - I think this is 2 different things. I *thought* the non-O&O being close had to do with distants and/or granted waivers, and NOT if someone was in a DMA that's O&O. Am I wrong?

cotybroussard said:

When CBS-HD came on (I get the CBS-east), the channel was black with a phone number & extension. I had to call, she just "flipped the switch". They may have it all together now, because they just show up.

Yes. If you are served by an O&O FOX affiliate and a non-O&O FOX affiliate provides you with a Grade-B signal or better, then you will need waivers from the non-O&O station.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts