Status
Please reply by conversation.

pyrr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
Howdy,

I have a HTL-HD and i also have adelphia HD. Can I use the reciever with my HD over My Cable?

Meaning can I get rid of my motorola HD Reciever and Just use the HTL-HD box?

Thanks
Pyrr

I had thought about that too but in order to do this I would have to pay $12.95 a month to the cable company to get their HD/DVR box. The local HD channels wouldn't cost any extra.

I can get most of them in fine and I get CBS-HD through Directv so to me it isn't really worth it.

The HTL HD does cable, but it is just not an addressable converter .. so no "digital" cable and most HD Packs on cable are in the digital packages. I set mine up for basic cable but once I got the right antenna my OTA is obviously better than cable.

the short answer , no ... you cannot get rid of your converter.

It should depend on the cable system if cable retransmits the ATSC signal the HTL-HD should be able to process it if the cable system reprocesses the ATSC signal no it won't process it.

The HTL-HD doesn't have a Qam digital/HD cable tuner. It has no abilitly to tune anything other than DirecTV, NTSC, or ATSC. I don't know of any cable system who is still broadcasting digital ATSC.

You can not use the HTL-HD to decode any cable (QAM) signal.

Very few people know this, but the STB actually does have a QAM tuner integrated, but it is not activated in the firmware as DIRECTV absolutely does not permit any cable signal decoding on any DIRECTV STB.

If Directv won't allow it then why is the capability in the box already?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)