Fox local channel no longer on Dish

Yes, I read that the game will be in 4K so that is one indicator it may be broadcast on 150. I wonder why any Fox local affiliate, whether they are in dispute or not, would stand for the Super Bowl being shown on another channel. I would think they would demand exclusive rights to show the game received by their local customers. Seems to make sense to me because regardless if it is another Fox channel, the fact remains it becomes a competitor for the local audience and I just can't see the local affiliate agreeing to that.

IF you have a friend with Dish
Who will 'visit' your house ;)
AND he might sign-in to Dish Anywhere
With his credentials
On your firestick or computer
While he is 'at your house' ;)
You could both watch on your tv
Streaming from his hopper...
;)
;)
;)

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tampa8
I *HIGHLY* doubt the SB will be shown on FS1.
And I highly believe it will. We shall see which one of us is correct in a few weeks. That is not to say that it won’t also be televised on the main Fox station as well. There is precedent for that.

And I highly believe it will. We shall see which one of us is correct in a few weeks. That is not to say that it won’t also be televised on the main Fox station as well. There is precedent for that.
There's precedent for a Super Bowl to be on an OTA station AND a cable net?

I think @shortspahas it right. Affiliates would raise hell.

With his credentials
;)
;)
;)

Interesting notion. Interesting indeed!

Just get locast app and a vpn and " relocate" to ny
With his credentials
;)
;)
;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Not picking on anyone in particular.

Lot's of times I read on these forums about how "I've been with DISH for this number of years" or "I'm a loyal customer" and "I'm one of their best customers".

It works both ways folks. If I was DISH, I could say "We've provided you with outstanding, affordable service for this number of years" or "We've loyally been there when you had a problem and given you first class support" and "We're one of the best providers out there".

The fact is, DISH is struggling to stay viable, while at the same time trying to provide a quality service at a reasonable price. There's only so much DISH can do to try and keep all their customers. Eventually, they will lose this battle.

Bottom line, it's just business. If it is in your best interest to leave DISH and find another provider, then do so. If not, then get used to the idea that satellite TV is going to become more and more expensive with less and less product available. It's a power struggle in the industry, and you and I as customers are collateral damage. However, this too shall pass. JMO
The best explanation I think I have ever seen on a forum. So true.

Sent from our Pleadian star ship

Davenport, IA area, still no Fox 18 KLJB. I contacted Dish, and they insist I would have to pay an early termination fee. Checking with them now on the antenna.

So, the broadcast is on the Fox main channel and the 4K Super Bowl is on 540-01, the non HDR 4K channel. For those of you that have streaming devices this would be the time to look to see if you can receive Fox on the Fox Sports app. The SB is up on their guide for Sunday. But you will be able to see if the Fox main channel will be available to you by accessing the app and going to the guide and then clicking on whatever program is live on the main channel. For example, I did just that right now and am watching Dr. OZ on my main Fox channel. If you are in an area affected by a blackout this will tell you if it will stop you from watching the SB this way. You may also look at Sunday’s DISH schedule on channel 540-01 to see if it lists the Super Bowl. Please report on what you might see right now so that others can gain some guidance.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am looking at the guide on my DishAnywhere app, and I see "Super Bowl LIV available in 4K!" on 540-01. However, I don't have a 4K TV, so that won't work for me, right? It might, however, be shown on the NFL app - that's how I had to watch the NFC championship, on my phone. Or was it the Fox Sports app - I can't remember now. lol

Dish is sending me an INDOOR OTA antenna this week however.

So, the broadcast is on the Fox main channel and the 4K Super Bowl is on 540-01, the non HDR 4K channel. For those of you that have streaming devices this would be the time to look to see if you can receive Fox on the Fox Sports app. The SB is up on their guide for Sunday. But you will be able to see if the Fox main channel will be available to you by accessing the app and going to the guide and then clicking on whatever program is live on the main channel. For example, I did just that right now and am watching Dr. OZ on my main Fox channel. If you are in an area affected by a blackout this will tell you if it will stop you from watching the SB this way. You may also look at Sunday’s DISH schedule on channel 540-01 to see if it lists the Super Bowl. Please report on what you might see right now so that others can gain some guidance.

I am looking at the guide on my DishAnywhere app, and I see "Super Bowl LIV available in 4K!" on 540-01. However, I don't have a 4K TV, so that won't work for me, right? It might, however, be shown on the NFL app - that's how I had to watch the NFC championship, on my phone. Or was it the Fox Sports app - I can't remember now. lol

Dish is sending me an INDOOR OTA antenna this week however.
Actually it should work just fine on 540-01, you’ll just see it in HD though. Colors may or may not be off. Go to channel 540-01 when you can and see if you get a Super Bowl slate. That will tell you where you stand. In the past I used to watch programming just fine on that channel on my HD only TV.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
Actually it should work just fine on 540-01, you’ll just see it in HD though. Colors may or may not be off. Go to channel 540-01 when you can and see if you get a Super Bowl slate. That will tell you where you stand. In the past I used to watch programming just fine on that channel on my HD only TV.
I want to throw a caution out there that, even though you see the slate and guide info, it might be that when game time comes you could be excluded because of the takedown. I know that, in the past, when Fox owned and operated stations had a negotiation take down with DISH the 540 channels didn’t work. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. That is for the Hopper Joey side of the house. I’m interested in folks, who are in the takedown areas, checking to see if they can get Fox to work on the Fox Sports app today with streaming devices.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm the one who started this thread and my local Fox channel still is not on due to the dispute. Looks like it will be resolved after the SB, if ever. I have a Roku tv and subscribe to the Fox Sports app which does indeed show the Super Bowl as an upcoming event. However, it states "unavailable with your tv package". It must know my provider is Dishtv and that it is in dispute with the local Fox affiliate, otherwise it would not have that caveat.

The weird thing is that the "unavailable" programming is selective. The app tells you what you can and can not watch. That is to say that upcoming events such as nascar cup series and soccer (which I am watching right now) can be broadcast to me but the SB and various upcoming college basketball games show "unavailable". Looks like they don't much care about the small stuff but the high dollar tickets are not to be broadcast if the local channel is in dispute with Dishtv. Too bad. Also, I do not have a Hopper or Joey 4k receiver so my guide does not have channel 540.

I'm the one who started this thread and my local Fox channel still is not on due to the dispute. Looks like it will be resolved after the SB, if ever. I have a Roku tv and subscribe to the Fox Sports app which does indeed show the Super Bowl as an upcoming event. However, it states "unavailable with your tv package". It must know my provider is Dishtv and that it is in dispute with the local Fox affiliate, otherwise it would not have that caveat.

The weird thing is that the "unavailable" programming is selective. The app tells you what you can and can not watch. That is to say that upcoming events such as nascar cup series and soccer (which I am watching right now) can be broadcast to me but the SB and various upcoming college basketball games show "unavailable". Looks like they don't much care about the small stuff but the high dollar tickets are not to be broadcast if the local channel is in dispute with Dishtv. Too bad. Also, I do not have a Hopper or Joey 4k receiver so my guide does not have channel 540.
It would only know that you're a Dish subscriber if you told it that. As a test, can you change the Roku settings to say you don't have a TV provider and then see if you can get Fox content via the Roku?

Yes, I suppose I could do that but my original plan B is starting to take shape. Dish will not resolve this problem with the local affiliate in time. Also, Dish says I am too far out in the sticks to qualify for an antenna (the antenna that they give some people will not be strong enough to bring in the local Fox channel for me, or so they say).

Because of all this I have had a plan B all along, ie, go to a dark bar that serves cheap, cold beer and that uses cable rather than Dish and watch the game there. We have one picked out that checks all the boxes about 35 miles away. I always thought that to be an excellent strategy if all else fails and several of my friends and neighbors have agreed with me. Looks like we have six people so far with one gal even offering to drive her SUV as designated driver. I think we are all set!!

OK, this is what I just did. I went to the website shown below and set up a new profile using a secondary email address that I have along with a password. I signed in and got a verifying email from Fox. Next, I went to my Roku, went to Settings on the Fox Sports app and Profile and signed out of my DISH credential. Then I signed in not at use your provider but at Profile using the new email address and password. It logged in and I had instant access to both Fox network programming as well as FS! and 2... Give it a try.

Last edited:
OK, this is what I just did. I went to the website shown below and set up a new profile using a secondary email address that I have along with a password. I signed in and got a verifying email from Fox. Nex, I went to my Roku, went to Settings on the Fox Sports app and Profile and signed out of my DISH credential. Then I signed in not at use your provider but at Profile using the new email address and password. It logged in and I had instant access to both Fox network programming as well as FS! and 2... Give it a try.

Where there is a will there is a way!

Thanks Bobby, got the Super Bowl set up in my Fire Stick watchlist. While I was in my Fire Stick I discovered in the settings a Regional Content selection. Have you tried it to see what you get? I guess it goes in to the Fox Sports GO app.

Regional Content.jpg

I used Bobby's link and signed up using a different email addy as he suggested. I wanted it on my computer instead of changing everything up on my Roku account. The reason is that I can mirror my computer to my tv with an hdmi cable so all I need the tv for is basically a big screen monitor and skip Roku all together. I can also mirror it to my a/v receiver as well and send it on to my projector that way.

I signed up using my Dishtv credentials as that was the only way I could do it. The app would not let me go further unless I signed in with a tv provider. In any event, the app for the computer does not show that "unavailable" warning that I got through my Roku tv. That means I can now receive the game on my chromebox (what I call my "computer") and mirror it to my tv or projector. I am watching FS1 live now. This will help me in the future because as I said before, plan B is now in effect!

Thanks Bobby, although I did it a little differently than you it will work out fine for other programming I want to see while this dispute is worked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)