Fox local channel no longer on Dish

Thanks Bobby, got the Super Bowl set up in my Fire Stick watchlist. While I was in my Fire Stick I discovered in the settings a Regional Content selection. Have you tried it to see what you get? I guess it goes in to the Fox Sports GO app.

View attachment 143059
Techno-culture-shock...H3 + Original Echo Dot next to a VHS/DVD combo unit! :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
LOL dare2be , never mind. I get it. Yep, I am behind times. On top of the VHS/DVD combo unit is a LG 4K disc player. And on top of that is a SlingBox 500. I have no soundbar or any other aux units. Sad :coco
That's ok. My cabinet has a Blu-ray/NAS player, and a 2005 DVD/HDD recorder with my original 1995 AVR and a 722! ;)

• Wow
That's ok. My cabinet has a Blu-ray/NAS player, and a 2005 DVD/HDD recorder with my original 1995 AVR and a 722! ;)

I mostly use my VHS/DVD combo to make a DVD recording from my H3. Also have bunches of VHS tapes. I loved the 722. I had four of them one time. Took me a while to upgrade to the Hopper because it doesn't have the TV2 modulator out to the home distribution splitter like the 722 has. But sure glad I finally did. The Hopper 3 is awesome. Had to get a couple of RF modulators for my Hoppers. I just wish the Hopper had a way to sync recordings to other TVs.

Last edited:
Thanks Bobby, got the Super Bowl set up in my Fire Stick watchlist. While I was in my Fire Stick I discovered in the settings a Regional Content selection. Have you tried it to see what you get? I guess it goes in to the Fox Sports GO app.

Bobby, I went ahead and installed the Fox Sports Go app at no charge to see what it is all about. Here is a FAQ about it.

Fox Sports Go App.jpg

Isn't this great. I got the fox app all set up on my Roku tv because my local fox affiliate and Dish are still in disagreement and I get no fox local for the Super Bowl. Now I find out Roku dropped all Fox programming apps. Back to dark bar with cold beer!!!!

Yes, you are right. I tried early this morning and could not get anything but now I am getting soccer on both FS1 and FS2. There is a note on the guide that shows my local channel will be broadcast starting at 10:00 am central time. We shall see in just a little while.

I just received an email from xfinity that the Super Bowl would be available on the xfinity stream app to comcast internet customers.

FOX NOW app won't let me watch the Xavier-Seton Hall men's basketball game that is on right now. Says I need to log in with a provider. When I log in with my Dish credentials, it tells me not available and to contact Dish. I suspect the same will happen for the Super Bowl tomorrow. My local FOX station (FOX 28 Spokane) is one of the Apollo-owned former Northwest Broadcasting stations.

FOX NOW app won't let me watch the Xavier-Seton Hall men's basketball game that is on right now. Says I need to log in with a provider. When I log in with my Dish credentials, it tells me not available and to contact Dish. I suspect the same will happen for the Super Bowl tomorrow. My local FOX station (FOX 28 Spokane) is one of the Apollo-owned former Northwest Broadcasting stations.
That does make sense. I do not subscribe to locals, and haven't for years. A while back, I had missed a show on Fox (I think we had a power outage or something so the DVR didn't fire either). I tried to watch the show via Fox Now or online (don't remember what) and had to sign in with my provider. They wouldn't let me watch the show because I didn't subscribe to Fox.

How about legislation that has the distributor (cable/satellite) set the price of any signal that is also available OTA and subtracting the actual redistribution costs share 50/50 the profits from that channel with the TV station. This way the cable/satellite system decides how much profit they want to make off the signal and 1/2 of that profit goes to the originator instead of the originator deciding how much money they want to make off their questionably valuable signal. The FCC can set and audit estimates for different types of signal gathering by distributors to help prevent cable/satellite companies from sandbagging their expenses to artificially lower their profit estimates. No take downs allowed, all ota signals from each DMA must be carried including sub-channels.

How about legislation that has the distributor (cable/satellite) set the price of any signal that is also available OTA and subtracting the actual redistribution costs share 50/50 the profits from that channel with the TV station. This way the cable/satellite system decides how much profit they want to make off the signal and 1/2 of that profit goes to the originator instead of the originator deciding how much money they want to make off their questionably valuable signal. The FCC can set and audit estimates for different types of signal gathering by distributors to help prevent cable/satellite companies from sandbagging their expenses to artificially lower their profit estimates. No take downs allowed, all ota signals from each DMA must be carried including sub-channels.
There are lots of ideas that have been floated. Personally, I like the FCC setting a cost for each rating point. So, the better the ratings, the more money the local broadcaster gets. Then put in an automatic increase (% based) for each year. The cost/rating is the same in every market. That's it. MVPDs can then charge what they want.

FYI - The FOX NOW app is allowing me to watch live pregame coverage, so it appears they have it unlocked for Super Bowl. This may be an option for those who have decent internet service.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Yep, everything worked fine with the sports app. The transmission was about 30 seconds behind the live feed. Now, you are probably wondering how I got the live transmission despite the dispute which blacked out my local Fox channel and the "fact" that Dish refused to send me an ota antenna because I was too remote to get the signal. Well, in case the app did not work I went out and bought an antenna and set it up in my bedroom tv. It worked!! I got the local Fox channel just fine but I wanted to see the game on my 110" projector screen and that presented a different problem. The projector has no input for antenna and of course has no speakers.

The projector problem was solved by the app. I installed the Fox Sports app on my chromebook and mirrored the image to my a/v receiver via hdmi. The receiver then sends audio to my home theater speakers and the mirrored picture from the chromebook to the projector, also using hdmi. Where there is a will there is a way and we did not have to spend all day in a bar after all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)