FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

Maybe that is what Dish is doing? If, and when, their is a large enough viewership for this channel they will look at adding it......because I'm sure Fox is not giving the channel away(WFN?) for a song.

It is more likely to be the ongoing dispute between the companies that are preventing carriage on Dish right now but your point is valid and we just don't know why it is not on yet.

I to would consider going all HD if I could get Fox News in HD. That is the one SD channel that we spend any significant time viewing. We already got all the other cable channels we watch in HD in our HD Essentials package.

Bring on Fox news

Yes i love fox news , in hd wov. Talk about lou dobbs being annoying , his entire news cast is about illegal mexicans, courts rules this, agent camps et, every single story is about immigration. It is the most annoying show in hd.

I would rather watch the fox shows they are entertaining. O reilly would be kick to watch in hd. Yes those hot blondes in hd.

Took several years for Fox News to overtake CNN, along with not making a profit thru those years. Murdock may be in it for the long term again with Fox Business.

I imagine Fox News was doing better after 9 months.

8,000 vs 284,000? Over 35:1 business channel viewers choosing CNBC.
20,000 vs 191,000 in Prime Time? They're doing better here, but still over 9:1.

Save the bandwidth for a more popular channel. If you are against WFN for that reason, you should be against FBN.

I too will go all HD when Fox News is offered. It would be nice to have Fox Business too. I listen to most of the line up on podcast now.

Fox News is the only thing holding me back from an all HD package as well. Although seeing O'reilly in HD is kind of a scary thought.

Fox News is the only thing holding me back from an all HD package as well. Although seeing O'reilly in HD is kind of a scary thought.

O'Reilly maybe, but Martha McCallum and a few other female anchors in HD wouldn't be a bad thing.

I think Fox News has the finest looking female anchors.

I don't think that FOX News is in HD yet so there is no way E* can get an HD feed even if they were able to do so.

My parents have Time Warner in Kansas City, and FNC HD is offered (although it's not HD--they push the SD picture to the left and add news tickers in the remaining space). It'd still be nice to have, even if it's not actually HD, because it would be present in the HD Only packages.

Waiting for FNC

I, too, am waiting for Fox News Channel. It's the last HD channel I need to go all HD. (ESPNU would be good, too). In a side note, I will be moving in about a year. Since my commitment would be over then, I will be seriously considering Direct if E* doesn't begin making substantive changes.

I just switched to HDA from AT250+HD to take advantage of about a $35/mo savings. This cost me Fox News, FX, Speed, AMC, and E! (we love The Soup). I miss those channels, but the cost per month was totally worth it.

If it were possible, I'd create another account with a 625 and DishFamily just to get those channels. Dad doesn't need four tuners...hmmmmmmm.

We arnt missing out not having Fox News HD. According to Fios and TWC subs who get the channel say its just like CNBC HD+, just a SD channel loaded with graphics.
I would imagine this is the reason why it is being skipped by D* and E*.

We arnt missing out not having Fox News HD. According to Fios and TWC subs who get the channel say its just like CNBC HD+, just a SD channel loaded with graphics.
I would imagine this is the reason why it is being skipped by D* and E*.

No... the still shots we have seen of Fox News HD look very similar to Fox Business in HD. Same side bar style. Fox Business HD looks much better than CNBC HD+, and I am sure Fox News HD would too.

The thing we have to remember is that Fox Business was built from the ground up in HD. Fox News has been around 11+ years in SD so it only makes sense that they will take some time replacing equipment in the studios and in the field. The difference is with CNBC HD+ is they never inteded to go full HD. Their sidebar info and all that is in HD but it is just a simulcast of the SD stuff with more info on the screen. If I was a CNBC watcher, which I am not, I would watch the HD+ version over the standard, just for the wide screen and more info available to me on screen. Well, I am a Fox News watcher and if they take their time getting the HD equipment, so what, I want the channel now. CNN HD looks good. Fox News HD could look better.

I am sure DirecTV will add it within the next few months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)