FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

Slightly off topic, but weren't we supposed to get some more HD channels this month?

Yeah, what's the deal with talking about the availability of Fox News HD? Oh, wait, that is supposed to be what this thread was about.

Any news, anybody?

Trying to stay on track while speaking of movies and news: Only Fox news reports the truth of Hollywood making propaganda movies supporting the terrorists organizations.

Hmmm.... now why would they be the only ones saying it. Lets see FOX.... FOX.... that sounds like a very familiar name that has something to do with Hollywood. Wait its coming to me. Darn it's gone now. I'm sure I will remember eventually.

To heck with CNN and FOX and MSNBC, give me BBC World!

It sounds more intelligent when the news is delivered with a British accent.

I'd like to see a HD version of the Bloomberg channel -with real HD content on it (unlike all the SD video mixed in with on-screen graphics that seems to be the only thing making up CNBC).

Both CNN and Fox News are steeped in bias. Those two networks are prostitutes for the Democratic and Republican parties. Lou Dobbs' show on CNN is the only program out of those two networks I like at all. But then Dobbs is more of an independent.

It appears that two FNC veterans are gone. Brigitte Quinn and Page Hopkins were delisted from the Fox News web site's biographical page. So much for watching them in HD.

Forget Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and all the rest of the noise. Give me C-SPAN HD! I want to see every dirty detail of that HOT senate action!

robert_byrd_ssh_20080519141945.jpg

:hungry:

Seriously, you guys need to stop with this huge liberal vs. conservative debate. Half of you are killing your own arguments simply by the lack of punctuation and spelling. I know I always perk up and listen when someone is blathering on about their political views, but apparently missed high school. The rest of you aren't looking much better just by continuing this sad little "debate." My only input on this subject will be this: Using ANY of these channels as a source for any kind of reliable, fair & balanced, well-prioritized and important news is a big mistake, and the quicker this country realizes that, the better off we'll be. I consider all these news channels as nothing but an occasional entertainment source, as I hope most of you do as well.

Providing Fox News in HD would certainly be a good business move, and my grandparents would be quite happy with it.

This has quickly turned into a political thread, which is not allowed outside of the election-pit.

The thread should get back on topic, which is the availability of an HD channel, before the mods swoop in and lock it.

My only input on this subject will be this: Using ANY of these channels as a source for any kind of reliable, fair & balanced, well-prioritized and important news is a big mistake, and the quicker this country realizes that, the better off we'll be.
:up

Fox News Channel's daytime and primetime skews the absolute oldest, clocking in with a median age above 65

[via Variety]
The real issue is age. I have a feeling if you broke down the demo you would see that there is a very low market penetration of HD sets in the Fox News subset of viewers. I know my grandparents don't plan on 1.) Getting an HD TV anytime soon 2.) Even if they had an HD TV would not cough up the cash for a Dish HD package. Heck, they can't even tell the difference between bad bunny ear analog and digital (nor do they care.)

Dish would attract more "prime" subscribers to its HD offerings by bringing more channels that appeal to customers who are inclined to have (or plan on purchasing) HD Televisions and could be swayed into doling out cash for the very best picture quality. That means focusing on the "prime demos" - 18-34 and 35-54 - not the seniors.

I'm sure Dish has run the numbers, which why we are not seeing a rush to get this channel into the HD line-up.

Eventually everything (including Fox News) will be in HD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)