FOX NEWS HD - Where are you?

Hiding their agenda is what makes CNN more deceiving.

Let's face it...those that watch CNN and MSNBC think they're getting the straight scoop and Fox News has a conservative bias, and those that watch Fox News think they're getting the straight scoop and CNN and MSNBC have a liberal bias. And both camps are probably partially right.

Well said!!

Let's say your correct. CNN, MSNBC and (ALL 3 Major News Networks) and CNBC all have a Liberal Bias...YES
Then if (they do) Fox News has a Conservative bias. What's the score? 6-1?
Throw us Conservatives a bone once in a while. Everybody knows the MAIN STREAM Media has the market cornered.

Let's say your correct. CNN, MSNBC and (ALL 3 Major News Networks) and CNBC all have a Liberal Bias...YES
Then if (they do) Fox News has a Conservative bias. What's the score? 6-1?
Throw us Conservatives a bone once in a while. Everybody knows the MAIN STREAM Media has the market cornered.

Ditto on that post.
I only watch FOX and Glenn Beck every now and then
Matthews and olbermann are off the deep end for me so I refuse to go near either of them

I want the babes of FOX in HD

I'm glad to hear that. I'm mostly an FNC watcher, but as far as presentation and technology goes, the election night coverage by CNN makes FNC look like amateur hour. I couldn't help but grimace watching CNN's really cool "Balance of Power" interactive touch screen tool during the 2006 election while FNC had Bill Kristol with a dinky white board.

FNC in HD would be nice, but I'll take a better set first.

For election night coverage, Fox News has Michael Barone, who is far above the rest in analyzing and explaining just what is going on in every precinct in a state while the votes are coming in. I don't know much about him, but I've heard him cited by others, outside of Fox, as the guru of election analysis. None of the other channels can match him.

For election night coverage, Fox News has Michael Barone, who is far above the rest in analyzing and explaining just what is going on in every precinct in a state while the votes are coming in. I don't know much about him, but I've heard him cited by others, outside of Fox, as the guru of election analysis. None of the other channels can match him.

Good point. I would hope that DirecTV too has Fox News HD by election night. Maybe if they don't, they will have a simulcast of coverage that night on Fox Business HD, which we do get over here at DirecTV. I don't think anybody will be watching Dave Ramsey on election night, so it makes logical sense that they simulcast Fox News on FBN that night so we get the HD coverage. But even better would be for DirecTV to add Fox News HD prior to the election.

We'll see which provider adds it first.

Plus, they also have "The Architect" Karl Rove for election coverage too...

E* has all the Fox sports channels. Why is it that there is difficulty in carrying the Fox news and entertainment channels? What's the difference between sports and the others? I know Fox wants its news channel in the first tier with CNN and I can understand that, but what else? Why weren't the Fox sports channels affected by the E*-Fox lawsuit?

So will Fox News HD be uplinked in time for election coverage in November?

I've done some looking around on the 'net and haven't really found any information about whether or not the Dish/FOX lawsuit would be resolved soon or if Dish and Fox may work out an agreement in the interim to offer their HD channels.

Does anybody have any information?

Has anybody thought to contact Fox or some of their sponsors to tell them they have switched to CNN or MSNBC. They are equally responsible for the stalemate. I too am a Fox News fan but if they wish to withhold their channels from Dish because they have an interest in D* then I watch the competition.

Has anybody thought to contact Fox or some of their sponsors to tell them they have switched to CNN or MSNBC. They are equally responsible for the stalemate. I too am a Fox News fan but if they wish to withhold their channels from Dish because they have an interest in D* then I watch the competition.
Rupert Murdoch has traded his interest in D* for Liberty Media's stake in News Corp. FCC Gives OK to Liberty Media's DirecTV Buy - TVWeek - News

I'd feel much better about switching to the Turbo HD Only packages in February if I knew I wasn't going to lose Fox News. I decided to not add the original HD Only package on July 31 because I didn't want to lose my RSNs, but losing Fox News for Election Day was an added bonus. I feel for those of you stuck watching CNN.

I'd feel much better about switching to the Turbo HD Only packages in February if I knew I wasn't going to lose Fox News. I decided to not add the original HD Only package on July 31 because I didn't want to lose my RSNs, but losing Fox News for Election Day was an added bonus. I feel for those of you stuck watching CNN.

Personally, I wouldn't watch Rep News... sorry, I mean Faux News... dang, sorry about that again...I mean Fox News for election coverage if it were the only channel out there, so don't feel to bad for me!

Isn't it refreshing to know both sides of a story?, so that we can make our own mind, and not have someone else tell us how to think.

Thank you FOX NEWS. (#1 cable news channel) WOW, how did that happen?

During election time just channel surf the news networks. Click forward whenever the people being interviewed are just spinning BS... which is about %70 of the time on average

Some love Fox News, some hate Fox News.

Regardless of your feelings, they are #1 in ratings. Communications companies in part make programming decisions based how popular a channel is and market in large part based on the popularity of the channels they offer.

Fox News is popular. Bite the bullet, Dish. Make some concessions and get us Fox News HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)