Fox news...

yep. this was fox news's call. not dish's. they did it so that sd customers can see everything that the hd custs can. for instance, during the elections they had information on the sides of the screen that you could only see on their hd feed, but not on the sd feed.

Here's their page explaining it:

FOX News Channel: TV Fix It Guide

I actually like this and I think it's a good move. It allows them to focus more on putting useful content in their broadcast and not have to worry about having separate SD and HD versions or they won't have to nix doing something interesting because it wouldn't work in the SD version.

It's kind of the opposite of other stations that give us Stretch-O-Vision HD bullcrap.

To Scott or mods.

Anytime a thread about any news channel is started, close it after the first post please!!

I wonder if they will do the same with the Fox Business channel.

There is a lot of information on their "HD Wing" that's not on their SD broadcast.

To Scott or mods.

Anytime a thread about any news channel is started, close it after the first post please!!

The point of this thread is to discuss the format of the new programming not the content of the channel. I think it's an interesting discussion to talk about what it means to have HD and SD channels and how to format the two. If you don't care to participate then go away.

The point of this thread is to discuss the format of the new programming not the content of the channel. I think it's an interesting discussion to talk about what it means to have HD and SD channels and how to format the two. If you don't care to participate then go away.

You shot good but hit the WRONG target.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)