Fox Ota

hogdog

Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
So, I've recently (after a month or so of no problems) and suddenly began to have problems tuning in the local Fox Station here in Minneapolis/StPaul. I get no signal whatsoever with blips of signal strength shown on the System Status menu. All other major locals come in well. I have been thinking of re-aligning the antenna, but though I would ask here because of what happened today.

Angels-Twins on today, I tune it in and it is coming in fine. I check status and am getting like 94 signal with a 25+ SNR. Great. All of the sudden about 1 hour later I get 0 signal again. Hasn't come back since, for about 30 minutes now. I don't have any expectations for it to come back.

What sort of problem is this? Doesn't make any sense to me. Although I can't reason why it would be a hardware issue that affects a single channel; my setup up is: two story townhouse with dish on the roof and VOOM OTA antenna in the 3rd story attic that run though a diplexer to my voom box.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Eric

I wish I knew. When asked, their automated phone system is short on answers.

You need to find out who your station engineer is and get his email address, that is the best way to communicate with them and alert them to issues they are having. Many stations don't even monitor the digital channels and have no idea when they are having a problem until someone calls or emails them.

What do you do if you never got the 6.1 upgrade

Rain fade short tem solution vs. Long term

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)