FOX Programming moved to a digital sub-channel. Will Dish carry?

knighthammer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
On Aug. 1, FOX programing moved from WFFT-TV to a digital sub-channel of WISE-TV in Ft. Wayne, IN. Currently Dish does not carry any of our locals sub-channels. When talking to CSR, they know nothing about it or don't understand the question. Can any one here enlighten me?

If it is you major network channel then you should have it. If it is a sub-channel only then you will not get it.

Yea thats a bummer.Looks like all the cable cos.,sat cos.etc would have to carry a sub channel if it is one of the 4 major networks.

There is precedence for this. In Macon, Ga. the owner of the ABC affiliate pulled the plug on the network after complaining that it was "too liberal" and had "gay people" on some shows. The local Fox affiliate almost immediately signed with ABC and is carrying the Mouse network's programming on a sub-channel. Dish airs both the "main" channel Fox programming and ABC.

In the Fayetteville/Fort Smith DMA, the CW is carried on a digital sub-channel and Dish Network carries it. So, hopefully you'll still get it.

Very doubtful you'd ever see it in HD though, as only the "main" channel usually gets HD treatment. Though with feeds to satellite providers, who knows?

Dish is currently in a carriage (price) dispute with the owner of WISE.

interesting as the owner (Granite) settled up with Dish in Duluth, MN no issues for their 2 stations (CBS & NBC) and even added the CW subchannel to Dish

now if they could have got My9 added as they show local sports on it :)

On Aug. 1, FOX programing moved from WFFT-TV to a digital sub-channel of WISE-TV in Ft. Wayne, IN. Currently Dish does not carry any of our locals sub-channels. When talking to CSR, they know nothing about it or don't understand the question. Can any one here enlighten me?
If this sub-channel is local and within distance you can receive, have you considered OTA reception. Works for my subs.

RT.

I live just north of Fort Wayne I am only able to pick up WFFT off of my antenna. WFFT have been saying for the past month they lost thier Fox programing and WPTA, WISE picked it up. Granite brodcasting owns 5 tv stations in Fort Wayne ABC, NBC, FOX, CW, MyTV.

Dan Rose

I live just north of Fort Wayne I am only able to pick up WFFT off of my antenna. WFFT have been saying for the past month they lost thier Fox programing and WPTA, WISE picked it up. Granite brodcasting owns 5 tv stations in Fort Wayne ABC, NBC, FOX, CW, MyTV.

Dan Rose

If I remember correctly, the MyTV sub-channel is the one that switched to Fox.

and how many times are you going to edit your post?

But for fun I guess the channel has been uplinked. It has nothing to do with my reply to your insult but again if you've read my previous posts you'll understand the "just wait.....soon" comment :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)