Cannot watch certain channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

liomal

Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi everyone I got one VIP 222k receiver for two TVs but in one of them I cannot watch all the channels. For example in the primary TV I can watch all the channels but in the secondary TV I only get some of the channels and sometimes is the opposite. What can I do?

There are so many variables that you need to give more information. Did a Dish Tech install it? If you installed the system, did you use the correct switch.

How do you have the second SD TV hooked up? Have you done a check switch to see what satellites you are getting, are you seeing them all? Also, check the signal strengths.

Yes, a Dish Tech installed it. He was aware that some of the channels weren't watchable. He said we had to wait 24hrs to get all the channels but the problem persist. He was kind of a "newbie" though. I try to contact him several times to get it fix but no luck. What can I do myself to fix the problem? Should I unplug the receiver 10 seconds and then plug it back?

Yes, a Dish Tech installed it. He was aware that some of the channels weren't watchable. He said we had to wait 24hrs to get all the channels but the problem persist. He was kind of a "newbie" though. I try to contact him several times to get it fix but no luck. What can I do myself to fix the problem? Should I unplug the receiver 10 seconds and then plug it back?

should not have to wait 24 hrs to get channels you sub to, as soon as the reciever was authorized all the channels you sub to should be seen on both tvs. yes try the reset wouldn't hurt

Maybe if we can nail down the exact problem you are having we can try to nail down the cause. I have to say I am skeptical that the installation was done correctly if you can't get the installer com back.
I am a little confused by your first post. Are there channels that NEVER are seen on TV2, but are seen on TV 1? Or are there channels that are SOMETIMES seen on TV 2 that are on TV 1? If channels dissapear, do they dissapear from both TV 1 and TV2?

In addition to that, are you saying there are channels that you have never seen since the installation.

I also need to know how TV 2 is connected, and how far from the satellite box it is. And I really need to know what satellites your receiver says you are receiving.

Maybe if we can nail down the exact problem you are having we can try to nail down the cause. I have to say I am skeptical that the installation was done correctly if you can't get the installer com back.
I am a little confused by your first post. Are there channels that NEVER are seen on TV2, but are seen on TV 1? Or are there channels that are SOMETIMES seen on TV 2 that are on TV 1? If channels dissapear, do they dissapear from both TV 1 and TV2?

In addition to that, are you saying there are channels that you have never seen since the installation.

I also need to know how TV 2 is connected, and how far from the satellite box it is. And I really need to know what satellites your receiver says you are receiving.

yeah sounds like it may have not been installed correctly, strange situation

I unplugged it for 10 seconds and plugged it back but the problem still there. One of tv still without getting all the channels. Do you think it could be a problem with the connection of the wires? I upload a picture of it to this site lockerz.com/photos/116726539 if you could check it out.

Tampa8, when the dish guy came and installed everything, TV2 got all the channels but TV1 only got a few and he said we had to wait 24hrs without turning off the receiver to get all the channels on TV1. The next day it's like everything switched up TV1 got all the channels and TV2 just got a few and it's been like that since. We can't get both TVs get all the channels.

TV2 it's like 12 feet from the receiver also TV1 is the only one with a receiver. TV2 only got a wire connected to the antenna outlet.

How do I know what satellites my receiver gets?

I unplugged it for 10 seconds and plugged it back but the problem still there. One of tv still without getting all the channels. Do you think it could be a problem with the connection of the wires? I upload a picture of it to this site lockerz.com/photos/116726539 if you could check it out.

Tampa8, when the dish guy came and installed everything, TV2 got all the channels but TV1 only got a few and he said we had to wait 24hrs without turning off the receiver to get all the channels on TV1. The next day it's like everything switched up TV1 got all the channels and TV2 just got a few and it's been like that since. We can't get both TVs get all the channels.

TV2 it's like 12 feet from the receiver also TV1 is the only one with a receiver. TV2 only got a wire connected to the antenna outlet.

How do I know what satellites my receiver gets?

What channels are you missing? A couple examples would be great. Make sure the guide is set to "All Channels" as well (press the guide button a couple of times).

. If you send me a PM with your phone number/account number, I can make sure the account looks ok on our end.

Example, TV2 doesn't get MTV, MTV2, Syfy, HGTV,etc. and TV1 does. And sometimes TV2 get all those channels I mentioned but when it does TV1 doesn't get them.

Menu - 6 - 1 - 3 will show you what satellites the receiver can see. IIRC it's line "h" for devices.

It sounds like the check switch did not go through all the way.. Our a bad separator.. OP should do the check switch again.. and see if all sat are on booth tuners..

liomal, you did good job of trying to explain what is going on, and I think you really have to get that installer back. When he was there, you should have been getting all the channels on both TVs. Sounds like what I first thought, a switch/Separator problem, either a wrong one or one that is not working. But that's really just an educated guess.

I think the OP should get together with MattG and get this fixed. The original installer leaves a lot to be desired......

I did the menu 6-1-3 and in the field H it shows me LNB 1 and LNB 2.
Then I did the menu 6-1-1 and above the oks in both satellite inputs it says 110 119

As Matt mentioned above, I was remembering incorrectly about menu 6-1-3 line h. That shows the LNB/switch. It's line g that has the sats. Now that said, I don't think line h should show LNB 1 and LNB 2, if there is a switch in there... Do you have the new "twin" LNB for Puerto Rico? Is there a single cable coming down from the dish antenna, or two (one for each tuner of your 222)?

TheKrell, sorry I don't know much about these things but I will try to explain it the best I can. I think there are two cables coming down the dish antenna. One of them it's like a doble cable attached to the receiver. The other one it is attached directly to the TV2 antenna outlet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)