Fox Soccer Channel - In HD Soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
Does anyone have any information as to when Fox Soccer Channel (FSC - Ch. 613) will start broadcasting English soccer games in HD?

I believe that they are doing so in England on one of the Sky HD channels.

Are they going to make the switch here in the U.S.?

P.S. Another 'WONDERFUL' performance from the England soccer team!

Please note the sarcasm.

Shy HD1 and Shy HD2 is not Fox Soccer CHannel, it's a different channel, like ESPN, not even a close comparison. And as to when, who knows, and donj't expect an honest answer from DTV, and as to any help here, no one will know, the ionly feedback you will get is some pseudo BS propaganda from this Charper dude who feeds you the DTYV corporate stupid line but claims not to work for them which is laughably unbelievable because only someone paid to say something that dumb can be stupid enough to have type opinions like I love that DTV does not give out information. I say type because no one is dumb enough toa ctyulayy believe anything that stupid. But as to when if ever, who knows. YOu would think with all those new sats we would gte that stuff. We would have it now but for these Americans and their dumb Home signal prtection crap that prevents you from gettnig networlk feeds so DTV has to carry all these local channels, that's the real travesty and that's really not DTV's fault. What a great country but a stupid country at the same time. No, I was not born in the US, I am a US citizen, but I will call a spade a spade and that's justa stupid law.

geaux1 said:
Shy HD1 and Shy HD2 is not Fox Soccer CHannel, it's a different channel, like ESPN, not even a close comparison. And as to when, who knows, and donj't expect an honest answer from DTV, and as to any help here, no one will know, the ionly feedback you will get is some pseudo BS propaganda from this Charper dude who feeds you the DTYV corporate stupid line but claims not to work for them which is laughably unbelievable because only someone paid to say something that dumb can be stupid enough to have type opinions like I love that DTV does not give out information. I say type because no one is dumb enough toa ctyulayy believe anything that stupid. But as to when if ever, who knows. YOu would think with all those new sats we would gte that stuff. We would have it now but for these Americans and their dumb Home signal prtection crap that prevents you from gettnig networlk feeds so DTV has to carry all these local channels, that's the real travesty and that's really not DTV's fault. What a great country but a stupid country at the same time. No, I was not born in the US, I am a US citizen, but I will call a spade a spade and that's justa stupid law.

You need to stop embarrassing yourself. LOL!

geaux1 said:
So ....
Did you answer the OP's question ?
NO ....
So your usless babble is no better than someone that actually tries to help people.

I do not know anything about a soccer channel , so I cannot help him either, but I am not coming on the board and calling out people that DO have a clue, Some around here DO know more than some others, tend to do some research before spouting off.
A lot of times , answers given are answers to peoples questions that are very obvious .... and answering them over and over gets sometimes old. Some people know the answers to thier question but ask just to verify thier thoughts, I find that I would rather ask and be sure than to think I know something and pass along something that I am not 100 % sure about.
btw, on the bottom right when you post is a button that says "Spell Check"

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
So ....
Did you answer the OP's question ?
NO ....
So your usless babble is no better than someone that actually tries to help people.

btw, on the bottom right when you post is a button that says "Spell Check"

I believe you can get a breathalyzer hooked up to a car's ignition to prevent someone from drinking and driving. Can we get the same thing installed for some posters on this board? :yes

Jammy, I will try to answer your question the best I acn. I do not work for Directv or anybody affiliated with them. Next year Directv is launching 2 new sats that will expand their HD lineup. Since FOX Soccer Channel and SkySports is owned by the same company, I believe it would happen next year or more likely for the 2008-9 season. I would love to see it sooner, but that might be wishful thinking

I know what SKY HD1 and SKY HD2 are, I know that DTV will never give you information which is what consumers want even when tehy know it, I know that our government required them to waste to bandwidth on local channels by prohibiting me from buying distant feeds that I used to be able to buy when I signed up for Sat. in 1995 or 96, I know dude says he thinks all that is great, and I also know that is a ridiculous opinion someone would only be paid to express, so I am anything but a fool. Have a nice day.

Faux Soccer channel in HD?wishful thinking. Maybe in the next decade. Setanta will probably launch 2 HD channels before Faux.

geaux1 said:
I know what SKY HD1 and SKY HD2 are, I know that DTV will never give you information which is what consumers want even when tehy know it, I know that our government required them to waste to bandwidth on local channels by prohibiting me from buying distant feeds that I used to be able to buy when I signed up for Sat. in 1995 or 96, I know dude says he thinks all that is great, and I also know that is a ridiculous opinion someone would only be paid to express, so I am anything but a fool. Have a nice day.
I sure am glad EVERYONE in this wonderful country can get thier locals with an antenna, therefore D* has no need to try and help with a local signal to 210 major cities.

I don't know that they would have a full time FOX Soccer Channel, but showing games in HD on a special events channel would be a possibility.

So what...

Jimbos said:
I sure am glad EVERYONE in this wonderful country can get thier locals with an antenna, therefore D* has no need to try and help with a local signal to 210 major cities.

So what? Ridiculous point, local programming isn't in HD, so who cares. YOu want to know when a storm is coming, but a radio. What did you do before 1994 anyway?

geaux1 said:
So what? Ridiculous point, local programming isn't in HD, so who cares.
What are you talking about .... I get local programming in HD, whats wrong with your systyem ?
The 210 local markets is in response to you mentioning the GOVERNMENT waisting bandwidth.

D* original I idea was to be able to carry locals so they would be able to compete with the local cable companies, LOCALS are a major reason why alot of people do not go to sat TV

Jimbo

So what? Locals aren't in HD anyway, and besides, you want local news, buy a paper, want to know if.s raining, look outside or buy a radio, what did folks do before DTV or rather that law anyway? All folks need are the networks shows, the government should not care how you get them, people don't care either. If theye did, the market would decide and DTV would waste their bandwidth on their own, there would be no need for a law on local carry, would there?

jammy said:
Does anyone have any information as to when Fox Soccer Channel (FSC - Ch. 613) will start broadcasting English soccer games in HD?

I believe that they are doing so in England on one of the Sky HD channels.

Are they going to make the switch here in the U.S.?

Jammy,

I would also love to see FSC in HD!

I am aware of only 2 ways of watching Soccer in HD via HDNET (MLS) & WorldSportHD-E* (LaLiga). Both show about one game a week.

It would be nice to see the Champions League Games on ESPN2 in HD.

Jammy,

I would also love to see FSC in HD!

I am aware of only 2 ways of watching Soccer in HD via HDNET (MLS) & WorldSportHD-E* (LaLiga). Both show about one game a week.

It would be nice to see the Champions League Games on ESPN2 in HD.

the champions league final this past year was in hd on espn2.

Sky Sports is showing all Champions League games involving EPL teams at home in HD. Really, really a shame there's no HD outlet for them here in the U.S. I mean... I'd give up a lot to see Wednesday's Chelsea-Barca match in HD.

http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2006/09/skys_100_uefa_c.html

There'll be over 100 matches from the UEFA Champions League, including a choice of 14 from the group stages. Any match involving a Premiership side playing at home will be shown in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)