Fox Soccer HD: August 11th!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fero

Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
For those of you who enjoy football: According to EPLTalk.com, DirectTV will be offering Fox Soccer HD starting August 11th. Also, GolTV will be offered starting August 4th.

Yay!!

Great another useless HD additon from these people..Hahaha

Actually...a very good business decision. D* charges $12.99 for the Sports Pack including FSC, and $14.99 for FSC Plus.

With DISH offering FSC HD since April, and with many soccer fans having just watched the World Cup in HD on ABC and ESPN, it would have been foolish for D* to have lost a lot of income as many soccer fans chose their main competetor in order to watch the EPL in HD.

It's not about a futile "my sport's better than your sport" argument; it's about not losing thousands of customers paying you about $30 per month on top of their basic package.

Great news for Soccer fans, but for everyone else these HD additions are about as interesting as adding new HD PPV channels.

They're also included in the Spanish packages. The Spanish packages have a good mix of English and Spanish channels + GolTV and FSC. FSC + is $14.99.

Fox Soccer Channel HD is an amazing HD channel. When showing off HD I often use this channel as my live demo material. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Great news for Soccer fans, but for everyone else these HD additions are about as interesting as adding new HD PPV channels.

The soccer channels don't do anything for me either but some would say the same thing when D* added some HD premiums last month. Not every channel is loved by everybody. But every channel is loved by somebody.

Adding ESPNU took care of my last major gripe but I've liked most of the recent adds. Now at this point it seems like AMC HD and BBCA HD would serve the biggest group of wants from people. For me personally Investigation Discovery, Tru-TV HD and BBCA HD would be my next group of most wanted channels.

I dont have DIRECTV so I can't comment to their HD. But I have DISH and to be honest, for me I couldn't care if they never added a new HD channel again... All the channels and show I watch are in HD. I am not going to beg for channels I would never watch anyways. :D

sports pak or premier. latest dtv twitter feed sounding more and more like live hd games will be added to fs plus on launch but not all hd programmiong. more details later.

Doesn't E* have FSC in AT250? Disappointing D* doesn't have it in Choice Xtra

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!:clap Except for the SPL everything I watch will now be in HD

Is FSC+ going to be HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)